PDA

View Full Version : Hey Mark Singer

Andrew Ault
11-15-2005, 7:00 PM
Is that your house in the current Automobile Magazine?

Lee DeRaud
11-15-2005, 7:50 PM
Car that looks like a BMW mated with an Aston Martin?
Check this thread: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=23457

Mark Singer
11-15-2005, 8:28 PM
Is that your house in the current Automobile Magazine?

Yes Heinrick (Henry) Fisker drove up a couple of his new buggies and Brian Konofske took the shots... I didn't drive one, but I am sticking with my Turbo...I love it! That is my studio in the picture...They are about $250,000 each . One is built on the MB SL 55AMG platform...the other the BMW 6.0 all new interior and exterior

Andrew Ault
11-15-2005, 8:56 PM
Nice place!

The article was very interesting. Robert Cumberford is usually a good read. The concept is compelling, sort of an analog of Figoni et Falaschi for the current day. It will be interesting where Fisker goes in the future, whether the designs will be able to more explore sculptural design or that the constraints of the underlying platform and the need to meet regulatory and market demands will keep projects close to Earth. I can hardly believe that he was able product two different designs on two separate platforms in his opening salvo. It is exciting to think that the combination of new technology and ability allows the construction of production runs of just a couple of hundred cars. Just amazing.

For automobile literature lovers, I wish that I could hear what L.J.K.Setright wold have written about it. For these cars are not boring.

- Andy

Dan Larson
11-15-2005, 9:10 PM
Beautiful place Mark-- too bad that shiney silver thingy is in the way.:rolleyes:
http://automobilemag.com/photo_gallery/0512_fisker_concept/

Dan

John Miliunas
11-15-2005, 10:56 PM
Beautiful place Mark-- too bad that shiney sliver thingy is in the way.:rolleyes:
http://automobilemag.com/photo_gallery/0512_fisker_concept/

Dan

Dan, you're absolutely right about the "Beautiful place"!!!:) Here's a better shot of the studio.:D :cool:

Vaughn McMillan
11-16-2005, 3:31 AM
Mr. Singer, you live a charmed life. ;) Very nice digs, and it's a nice acknowledgement for your place to be a backdrop for such a special automobile.

And Dan, thanks for the link to pics...wallpaper, no less.

- Vaughn

Dan Larson
11-16-2005, 9:23 AM
Dan, you're absolutely right about the "Beautiful place"!!!:) Here's a better shot of the studio.:D :cool:
Indeed-- I wouldn't expect anything less from Mark Singer Architects Inc!

Mark Singer
11-16-2005, 9:35 AM
http://automobilemag.com/photo_gallery/0512_fisker_concept_05_1024.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:window.close();)

http://automobilemag.com/photo_gallery/0512_fisker_concept_03_1024.jpg (javascript:window.close();)

I am complaining....the car is blocking the view of my home:cool:

http://automobilemag.com/photo_gallery/0512_fisker_concept_04_1024.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:window.close();)

John Miliunas
11-16-2005, 9:35 AM
Indeed-- I wouldn't expect anything less from Mark Singer Architects Inc!

You got that right, Dan! And, it only gets better from there!:D Mark & Myriam's home and grounds are spectacular but, I had the opportunity to see some of Mark's other work. Each and every last bit of it is nothing short of spectacular! Most sincerely, an extremely gifted and talented individual on many levels! :) :cool:

Mark Singer
11-16-2005, 9:39 AM
John,
Java, Dexter and Tweedy say ...."Hi":)

tod evans
11-16-2005, 9:56 AM
pretty cool!!!!!!!!! we`re still working on indoor plumbing here in the ozarks.

John Miliunas
11-16-2005, 9:57 AM
John,
Java, Dexter and Tweedy say ...."Hi":)

Cool! Tell them I says, "WOOF", "WOOF" and "TWEET", in that order!:D

And, just so Mark doesn't feel bad about that buggie blocking views of the house, here are a few "other" views: A couple of the front/entry area, a shot from the pool side and, of course, just one of the million dollar views of the Coast!:) (I still get a silly grin on my mug every time I look at those pics!:D ):cool:

Dan Larson
11-16-2005, 1:23 PM
Mark, have any books been published about your architectural practice? I'd like to learn more about your work. I know some of your projects have been featured in periodicals, but I haven't found any books yet. Quite frankly, I'm a little surprised that Oscar Riera Ojeda hasn't approached you about doing a book about your work- or has he?

Dan

Mark Singer
11-16-2005, 3:21 PM
[quote=Dan Larson]Mark, have any books been published about your architectural practice? I'd like to learn more about your work. I know some of your projects have been featured in periodicals, but I haven't found any books yet. Quite frankly, I'm a little surprised that Oscar Riera Ojeda hasn't approached you about doing a book about your work- or has he?

Dan[/quote

Anthony of the Ediozoni Press is in touch with me....I may wait though ..

Kevin Murdock
11-16-2005, 6:08 PM
Mark,

And just think.... if your children were a bit younger and still in high school they could have been stars on MTV. :D

On said show ("Laguna Beach") there is the daughter of another Laguna architect who has a beautiful house which if I recall was completed not too long ago. It has an amazing view and is down closer to the shore.

I must say, it seems like paradise around your parts. Take in a deep breath while looking out over the ocean tonight, just for me. :D

/Kevin

Lee DeRaud
11-16-2005, 6:42 PM
On said show ("Laguna Beach") there is the daughter of another Laguna architect who has a beautiful house which if I recall was completed not too long ago. It has an amazing view and is down closer to the shore.

I must say, it seems like paradise around your parts. Take in a deep breath while looking out over the ocean tonight, just for me. :DMy ex used to work for a guy with a house on the beach down there. There's something about the phrase "3000sqft three-story two-bedroom house on a lot 45' wide" that still sounds wrong.:eek:

Matt Meiser
11-16-2005, 6:46 PM
There's something about the phrase "3000sqft three-story two-bedroom house on a lot 45' wide" that still sounds wrong.:eek:

Especially when you find out none of the zeros in the price are after the decimal point!!!!

Lee DeRaud
11-16-2005, 6:49 PM
Especially when you find out none of the zeros in the price are after the decimal point!!!!No kidding: it was about $600K new...in 1977.
I could draw you the floorplan, but I'm not sure you'd believe it. The only thing that made it work is that the zoning down there allows beach houses to have near-zero setback: the house was only about 4' narrower than the lot.

Matt Meiser
11-16-2005, 6:56 PM
I believe it. I visited Mark this past spring and spent some time driving around the area. I couldn't believe how houses that cost 7 figures were stacked in on top of each other.

John Miliunas
11-16-2005, 8:16 PM
I believe it. I visited Mark this past spring and spent some time driving around the area. I couldn't believe how houses that cost 7 figures were stacked in on top of each other.

Yeah, and a LOT of them are just weekend or summer shacks!!!:eek: :D :cool:

Mark Singer
11-16-2005, 9:03 PM
Yeah, and a LOT of them are just weekend or summer shacks!!!:eek: :D :cool:

I just recieved a new home to design...this will be a second home for the client. Their primary home is in the Bay Area . The lot we are building on is ocean front...$11,000,000...this is for their second home.! He is a venture capitalist...about 40 years old!
I am working on a few others...a home for the owner of Hansen's beverage company...he also is a general partner in a So African Airline

A home for a classical composer him and his wife were with the LA Philharmonic for years as musicians...

It is an interesting adventure meeting these people and helping them create their dream home.

John Miliunas
11-16-2005, 9:17 PM
It is an interesting adventure meeting these people and helping them create their dream home.

Well, all I can say is: They certainly picked THE right architect to do it! They obviously have great taste!:) :cool:

Scott Coffelt
11-16-2005, 10:50 PM
Oh my, though I have seen the pictures before, that car is absolutely beautiful. I can't imagine how fun it is to drive. Now to win the 1 billion dollar lottery. Anywone have a few spare millions lying around in their couch I could dig up?