PDA

View Full Version : Mowing grass in the snow

Dave Lehnert
04-15-2018, 1:01 AM
Thursday I mowed the grass. Monday we have snow in the forecast.
Crazy Cincinnati weather

Rich Engelhardt
04-15-2018, 4:14 AM
Good old Ohio - where you can get frostbite and heat exhaustion a few days apart....
We hit over 80 degrees on Friday and right now it's 39 degrees and a bitter cold rain is falling...

Jim Becker
04-15-2018, 9:26 AM
84ºF here yesterday. Today's high will be about 49ºF. Heavy rain tomorrow...at least we're not getting that snow. :)

Barry McFadden
04-15-2018, 9:50 AM
For Saturday and today they have given us a weather statement that includes 1.5" of ice, 10" of snow, and 30mm of rain!!!

Jerome Stanek
04-15-2018, 11:19 AM
I'm glad I got on the yard yesterday as it was in the 70's and today it is in the 40's and raining

Kev Williams
04-15-2018, 12:32 PM
Monday I mowed my lawn in a t-shirt, Tuesday morning there was an inch of snow. It's that 'don't like the weather? Wait 10 minutes' time of year, pretty much all over :)

Jim Koepke
04-15-2018, 1:03 PM
After moving to the Pacific Northwest about 10 years ago many things have been learned about local practices.

It amazed me at a cardio rehab gathering that all the people were mentioning mowing their yards. My comment was about always being told to not cut grass when it was wet. Someone said, "up here if you don't mow when it is wet, you don't mow.

Last week on a day trip to Portland we were westbound on US 30 and saw some guy working his mower in front of his house. Funny thing is he didn't have any lawn. Maybe he was mulching the leaves. It was the first sunny day in a few weeks, maybe he just wanted a reason to be outside.

jtk

James Pallas
04-15-2018, 2:14 PM
It's all my fault. Friday it was 84 here. I've been trying to give the mower a spring tune for a month. The grass needs a mow now. Yesterday I pulled the deck from the mower to get it ready. It was a little cooler 54. Today it's 30 and snow. Don't worry tho I'm not going to touch that mower today.
Jim

Jerry Bruette
04-15-2018, 5:41 PM
Just came in from blowing snow. Friday when I went to bed it was raining a little bit and I could see most of the brown grass in my yard. Wake up Saturday and we have 12 inches of new snow. Storm takes a break during daylight on Saturday and returns Saturday night, we have another 8 inches of new snow and it's still snowing. Put some food in the bird feeder outback and I have 22-24 inches of snow where I had none last Friday when I last filled the feeders. I got a bone to pick with a beady eyed groundhog.

Stan Calow
04-15-2018, 6:04 PM
The Royals vs Angels game here in KC was cancelled today due to the cold weather. They played last night in a snowstorm. Just not right.

Jerry Bruette
04-15-2018, 8:07 PM
The Green Bay Blizzards, an arena football team, cancelled their game because of actual blizzard conditions.