PDA

View Full Version : Supermax sander

Barry Versteegh
04-14-2018, 11:56 AM
383839How old would this Supermax 22 inch closed end drum sander be.What would be aprox. value? One for sale in area and I can not find much info on it

Mike Henderson
04-14-2018, 12:22 PM
Provide a picture or a link to the listing and someone may be able to give you more detail. SuperMax has a good name.

Mike

Bradley Gray
04-14-2018, 2:53 PM
Are you sure it's not 25"?

John C Bush
04-15-2018, 3:49 PM
I have the SuperMax Sandpro 25 and it looks the same except my dust hood is ABS black plastic, in/out feed tables are solid not rollers and casters are locking. New are $2K. (Got mine almost new when I bought out a full shop from a hobbiest's estate so no specific $$ value considered) Accessories extra. The 25 is 1.75hp and has a SandSmart amp load controller for feed belt speed. You will definitly want that on the sander. All the other mechanicals and cart look the same. Great machine for light sanding--be patient, it can only knock off a little thickess /pass--. Good machine. Maybe 40% of MRR or less looks over worked.

If it doesn't have the SandSmart motor assembly 25% would be more realistic for you--hopefully them as well. I think the SandSmart is ~~$400 if purchased to add on.