PDA

View Full Version : Look what followed me home....... That's what I get for driving a truck!

Greg R Bradley
04-12-2018, 9:59 PM
So I said to someone that I always wanted a surface grinder and he says "I have an extra that I will give you. Let me have my forklift driver strap it to a pallet and load it for you........"
I may end up driving around with it until I can clear enough space for it.....

Peter Christensen
04-12-2018, 10:28 PM
Big time envy. You going to flatten your planes, or just use it for sharpening your chisel?

Mike Henderson
04-12-2018, 11:08 PM
Wow, a give away. That's terrific. Is it 3 phase?

Mike

Mike Heidrick
04-13-2018, 8:26 AM
Nice. You have the forktruck at home to remove it?

John K Jordan
04-13-2018, 8:45 AM
So I said to someone that I always wanted a surface grinder and he says "I have an extra that I will give you. Let me have my forklift driver strap it to a pallet and load it for you........"
I may end up driving around with it until I can clear enough space for it.....

Oh good grief. If you can't find the space I might even drive to California and put it in my truck to help you out.

What an incredible "deal"!

Greg R Bradley
04-13-2018, 9:32 AM
Nice. You have the forktruck at home to remove it?
Well, if I had a shop like yours at home, I would!

It is going to my shop where I do have 3 phase and a forklift. Just not enough space to unload it until I organize a few things.

Mike Heidrick
04-13-2018, 10:04 AM
That looks perfect to add a VFD too. Or is it variable speed by default anyway?

My Johnny's loader is good to ~1200lbs at 8' - after that I start wishing for a truefork truck for sure

John K Jordan
04-13-2018, 11:50 AM
That looks perfect to add a VFD too. Or is it variable speed by default anyway?

My Johnny's loader is good to ~1200lbs at 8' - after that I start wishing for a truefork truck for sure

I have forks that fit both my tractor and bobcat. The little 40 horse tractor is just a bit too wimpy to unload a cube of bricks. The little 65 horse bobcat does that fine but it's a little to wimpy to comfortably unload and carry a full unit of 2x6 10s from the lumber yard. Based on this scientific sample I determined that you can't have too much fork lift.

Then I quit my whining after I bought the book "Moving Heavy Things" ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0022749489 ) and read about how they lifted and moved incredibly heavy things long before engines were even thought of. Zounds. Well worth the read.

JKJ

Rick Potter
04-17-2018, 5:46 PM
Let me keep this simple.

I have always wanted a local friend who has a surface grinder.;)