PDA

View Full Version : Accuris Rotary Attachment Pulley Tooth Count ??

david b west
04-12-2018, 2:07 PM
Does anyone know the Accuris Rotary Attachment Pulley Tooth Count ??

There is a small pulley on the stepper (it appears to be a nema 17?).

Then there is a larger pulley on the axis that the part is attached to . It appears to be around 2 inches in diameter.

With trial and error i could probably match the ratio so that that print driver would work, or..... i could do what my wife
always suggested and pull over and ask for directions.... (pre-GPS humor.... youngsters won't understand)

the attached photos show the toothed pulleys in question.

thanks,
david

Mike Null
04-12-2018, 3:40 PM
David
Welcome to SMC. As you probably know, the Accuris was made by GCC. I would call their tech support for info.

Kev Williams
04-12-2018, 4:31 PM
There should be a 'diameter' entry within the driver that takes care of rolling radius-- if there is, then you only need to match your working plate height to the part's circumference once the diameter is entered---

Tony Lenkic
04-12-2018, 6:26 PM
From my recollection Accuris laser were made by LTT (laser tool technics - Taiwan) and sold in USA by Signwarehouse.

david b west
04-12-2018, 9:07 PM
From my recollection Accuris laser were made by LTT (laser tool technics - Taiwan) and sold in USA by Signwarehouse.

Tony,
Yes, this model appears to have been made by LTT......

Mike,
not sure how they would respond to me asking gear ratios for my homebuilt unit, so i thought i would ask here first...

Kev,
I am building the rotary attachment from scratch. Trying to calculate the gear ratio. I could do as you suggested on an item of known diameter, enter in the diameter, and then calculate the actual vs/ programmed length of an engraved line and eventually end up with an estimate of how many teeth each pulley should have. just thought i would ask first in case someone was hopelessly bored and felt like counting pulley teeth, or just knew the answer that i did not..

cheers, and thanks for taking the time to reply
david

Brian Lamb
04-12-2018, 9:31 PM
Can't say for your brand, but ULS is 15:90, so 1:6 ratio.

John Lifer
04-13-2018, 10:42 AM
David, what laser are you attaching this to, and what kind of rotary are you going to build? Layout looks to be a large 4 wheel. If so, I'd just suggest that you build it and then back into setup. If chinese Ruida software, and 4 wheel, I'll give you what I ended up with. I change nothing each time, with my direct drive, I put in actual diameter and it works great.

david b west
04-13-2018, 2:42 PM
Can't say for your brand, but ULS is 15:90, so 1:6 ratio.

thanks Brian,
that gets me in the ballpark. since i know that it will be something close to that i think i have a logic monitor that might count the pulses and then i can verify for sure. cheers

John,
it has to attach to an Accuris (LTT) Powersharp12.
it is a stepper to a single pulley that rotates the engraved item between centers.

thanks for taking the time guys....
cheers,
david

Brian Lamb
04-13-2018, 3:19 PM
With the ULS, you input the diameter of the part, say 2", it calculates the Y width of the page, 2x 3.1416= 6.283. You adjust your drawing size to whatever your X is (32" in my case) and then you set Y to 6.283. Draw a vertical line the full height of the page and engrave that around your item and if it doesn't meet end for end, or overlaps, you will need to adjust your count ratio. ULS software doesn't allow that, so I made sure to use the same drive ratio as stock and the same stepper motor, .9º and not the more common 1.8º per step.

My home made rotary works fantastic, very crisp and good detail.

david b west
04-13-2018, 6:16 PM
With the ULS, you input the diameter of the part, say 2", it calculates the Y width of the page, 2x 3.1416= 6.283. You adjust your drawing size to whatever your X is (32" in my case) and then you set Y to 6.283. Draw a vertical line the full height of the page and engrave that around your item and if it doesn't meet end for end, or overlaps, you will need to adjust your count ratio. ULS software doesn't allow that, so I made sure to use the same drive ratio as stock and the same stepper motor, .9º and not the more common 1.8º per step.

My home made rotary works fantastic, very crisp and good detail.

Brilliant!!!

thanks- i can build it- throw a pulley on,place a 2" cylinder in it, and mark the red laser alignment dot with a felt pen. "engrave" (laser can be off) a 6.283 line, and mark dot#2, which will hopefully be on top of dot#1. If dot#2 is not on top of dot#1, measure the difference and adjust pulley accordingly..... thanks!!!

Brian Lamb
04-13-2018, 6:36 PM
I don't think you'll need to adjust pulleys, you adjust the counts per revolution in your software. I don't know what software you are using and others here will have better input once you state that... but in most cases there is a setting for the number of steps on the stepper motor for a full circle, might be something in the thousands or tens of thousands of units. Once you figure out the number that gives you a full revolution, you should be good to go.

You still have to adjust your page size to match the circumference of the item being engraved.

david b west
04-13-2018, 7:28 PM
for the accuris there is just a printer driver.

i don't see anyplace to adjust the number of steps per inch...

but using the method you suggested should allow me to get there... again, thanks