PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with experience with HF DC, Rikon Impeller, Wynn Filter, and SDD 5"/XL 6" Mods

Roger Robitaillle
04-10-2018, 3:13 AM
I am looking for someone who has completed the HF DC mods listed above. I have all the parts ready to do this mod but haven't figured out the piping plan yet. Are you guys (or gals) using 5" Piping or 6" Piping with your setup? Can the HF DC support 6" piping with these mods and still do a good job?

I am looking at running a main trunk of either 5" or 6" pipe an then drop down to the equipment with strait shots followed by flex hose for the last little bit. Oneida recommends 5" as the DC is only a 2HP.

Thanks folks,
Roger

Curt Harms
04-11-2018, 6:32 AM
I'm not much help, I have a Penn State 2 h.p dust collector (12" impeller) with Thien baffle. I can say that 6" PVC pipe works fine, there is adequate air flow to keep dust & chips suspended. My runs aren't long, less than 20' and no sharp turns. I do need to use 10' 6" flex hoses with 4" connections to machines. The 4" 'neck down' is only a few inches and doesn't seem to impede airflow too much.

Peter Kelly
04-11-2018, 10:41 AM
5" pipe with as few bends and a little flex hose as possible. Also, the SDD XL is a bit too large for the HF blower, even with the larger impeller.

Several threads about this subject: https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?262277-Duct-Size-for-a-Harbor-Freight-Collector