PDA

View Full Version : Makita cordless track saw

Rick Potter
04-08-2018, 3:34 AM
Got my new Makita cordless track saw today. Haven't used it yet, but while batteries were charging, I played around with my DeWalt track saw clamps and found they fit the Makita track just fine.

I also tried my Match Fit dovetailed clamps and found that they work fine in the Makita track also, but will not fit the DeWalt track without a bit of surgery to the clamps.

Just a bit of general info.

Larry Edgerton
04-08-2018, 7:47 AM
I bought one for an employee and it is awesome. You will like. If I was not into the Milwaukee system and did not already have a festool I would buy one.

Steve Rozmiarek
04-08-2018, 11:10 AM
Larry pointed the deal out to me a few weeks ago, and I got busy and didn't order it yet. Question for you guys, how long does it run on a charge?

Larry Edgerton
04-08-2018, 12:44 PM
Can't say, but Tad and I cut all the sheeting for a house and about 100ft of cuts in 1 11/16" old growth doug fir countertops and it had not shown any signs of slowing up yet with the same two batteries. Seems pretty good and the charger is pretty fast.

Steve Rozmiarek
04-08-2018, 1:18 PM
Can't say, but Tad and I cut all the sheeting for a house and about 100ft of cuts in 1 11/16" old growth doug fir countertops and it had not shown any signs of slowing up yet with the same two batteries. Seems pretty good and the charger is pretty fast.

Wow, yeah that's pretty darn good I'd say.

Larry Edgerton
04-08-2018, 4:29 PM
The saw comes with a fine blade. We bought a rough blade for the sheeting, but with the original blade on the fir the cut was just as good as my TS75. The blade spins up faster than a normal cordless saw, I assume because of the 36 volt total. It will run on the Festool tracks.