PDA

View Full Version : cordless glue gun?

Rick Potter
04-08-2018, 3:22 AM
I am invested in Makita 18V and Milwaukee 12V tools, and I have been waiting forever for one of them to bring out a battery powered glue gun.

Anyone ever hear about one?

PS: I should have clarified. I am talking about a hot glue gun, for 1/2" glue sticks

Bill Orbine
04-08-2018, 5:35 AM
https://www.milwaukeetool.com/power-tools/cordless/2641-21ct

johnny means
04-08-2018, 12:43 PM
If you're talking about hot melt glue, I seriously doubt the technology is there yet.

Bradley Gray
04-08-2018, 1:07 PM
I have PURformance cordless glue gun from Titebond. Uses spendy PUR glue cartridges-I got it for a job involving cement board lap siding. Used it to glue mitered corners. Still looks good after 6 years. You do have to keep the base unit close by to keep it hot but the cordlessness(?) was great on scaffolding and the roof.

Rick Potter
04-08-2018, 2:38 PM
I clarified the OP. Yes, I am talking about a hot glue gun, that takes 1/2" glue sticks. I use them fairly often, and cordless would be very handy.

Makita...are you listening? I just got 4 new 18V batteries with my cordless track saw. Got a bunch of Milwaukee 12V batteries also.

johnny means
04-08-2018, 3:39 PM
Remember the Porter-Cable cordless router? It functioned as designed, but the design wasn't up to the expectations and needs of the Porter-Cable buyer. It didn't last long. Ryobi makes a cordless glue gun, but from what I've seen, consumer grade tool makers have a little more leeway with marginal performers. I know if I paid professional grade money for a Dewalt hot melt gun and it didn't pump out 12 sticks an hour for 4 hours they'd hear about it.