PDA

View Full Version : How do you find a certain post in a thread with this new format ?

Yonak Hawkins
04-06-2018, 4:13 PM
Same as the title.

Bruce Page
04-06-2018, 4:23 PM
New format? Nothing's changed on my end. Did you accidentally switch to the mobile version?

glenn bradley
04-06-2018, 4:25 PM
No change here either. Sounds locally significant.

Yonak Hawkins
04-06-2018, 4:31 PM
OK, I clicked on "Full Site" and everything returned to normal. I guess I experienced some kind of aberration. I'm on my desktop PC and all of a sudden this morning, everything turned to yellow and white areas separated by blue bars, with no conversation tree. I'd never seen it before and I wasn't sure how to navigate. I assumed it was the new format that's been talked about.

Matt Day
04-06-2018, 4:34 PM
I haven’t heard of a new format being talked about? It’s been like this for years.

Marshall Harrison
04-06-2018, 5:11 PM
I've gotten that look several times in the last week or so. But its just the mobile version. Scroll to the bottom and clicked full site and I was good until the next time it happened. Just rinse and repeat...

Jim Becker
04-06-2018, 5:45 PM
It's been noted in the Support Forum that some folks have experienced the site switching to "mobile" mode when they use the basic Search function. The solution is to just select "full site" to get back to normal.

Yes, SMC will be changing to different forum software and there will be a few small differences at that point, but that hasn't happened yet. The administration team is working out some things to make the switch more comfortable and they are time limited because of "real life".

Jim
Forum Moderator