PDA

View Full Version : Bora and Yost Parallel Clamps?

Patrick Irish
04-05-2018, 8:04 PM
I was surprised to see Home Depot had 24” Bessey k body clamps regular price at $37 I think. I grabbed two and now want some 40” but they don’t have them.

I came across Bora (portamate), Yost and Ehoma. Bora the least of the 3. Any experience with Bora or Ehoma?

A pair of 40” Bora is $95 I think. Ehoma is about $102.

Chuck Saunders
04-06-2018, 8:51 AM
I bought 10 of the Bora clamps for our local woodworkers' guild because they were cheep. I like the spring that pushes the mechanism into the lock position that is an improvement over my Besseys (not Revo's). Much better than the Jet lock release lever style. So far no complaints but we've only had them for a couple of months.
Chuck

John TenEyck
04-06-2018, 10:55 AM
I bought some Bora 40" recently when Woodpeckers had them on sale. They work great. Quite a step up over my old wooden handle K-body clamps.

Jim Becker
04-06-2018, 12:05 PM
Those Bora clamps look nice. I just wish they had them in 30"...that's the size I could use a few more of as I only have two in the K-bodies. That size in-between the 24" and the 40" is nice and helps avoid "accidents" from long clamps on shorter workpieces. ;)

Edwin Santos
04-06-2018, 1:35 PM
Those Bora clamps look nice. I just wish they had them in 30"...that's the size I could use a few more of as I only have two in the K-bodies. That size in-between the 24" and the 40" is nice and helps avoid "accidents" from long clamps on shorter workpieces. ;)

They make a 31". Would that be close enough for your needs? Woodpeckers sells them for $64 a pair. The grip handles look really good.
Edwin

Jim Becker
04-06-2018, 2:18 PM
They make a 31". Would that be close enough for your needs? Woodpeckers sells them for $64 a pair. The grip handles look really good.
Edwin
Yes, that's the right size. They didn't come up in my brief search so I thank you for the pointer to Woodpeckers. Much appreciated!

Edwin Santos
04-06-2018, 4:58 PM
Yes, that's the right size. They didn't come up in my brief search so I thank you for the pointer to Woodpeckers. Much appreciated!

Jim, If you go in on them, please post your impressions. They look pretty good to me, and if you endorse them I may dive in right behind you.
Edwin

Jason Lester
04-06-2018, 6:08 PM
Amazon has the 31" too, with Prime if you're a member for $44.

https://www.amazon.com/Bora-571131-Woodworking-Precision-Rock-Solid/dp/B077NNFWX8/

The only review isn't great, but who knows with just 1? I just bought several of the newly redesigned Bessey's from Grizzly, should be here next week.

Mike Heidrick
04-06-2018, 9:26 PM
I check the bora out at menards. Garbage compared to jet, kbodies, revos or old jorgys. The head was not 90 and tightening at the store did not yield 90 either. Id rather have irwin than the bora.

Patrick Irish
04-06-2018, 11:19 PM
After probably too much researching time for just clamps, I was going to order a bunch of dubuque clamps as reviews sound great. 36" clamps are $30 shipped best price I could find.

But....while at Rockler today I noticed yellow tags on Bessey K-body clamps. 31" for $33 :eek: I grabbed two. They didn't have 40" and I don't need 50". They rang up full frice $45. I showed the sales guy the tag and bam, $12 off each, got them for $33.

So now I have two 24" k-body and two 31" k-body. That's probably good for now with my assortment of pipe and rockler aluminum bar clamps. I still might order a pair of 36" dubuque and a pair of 48" .

Frederick Skelly
04-07-2018, 9:53 AM
After probably too much researching time for just clamps, I was going to order a bunch of dubuque clamps as reviews sound great. 36" clamps are $30 shipped best price I could find.

But....while at Rockler today I noticed yellow tags on Bessey K-body clamps. 31" for $33 :eek: I grabbed two. They didn't have 40" and I don't need 50". They rang up full frice $45. I showed the sales guy the tag and bam, $12 off each, got them for $33.

So now I have two 24" k-body and two 31" k-body. That's probably good for now with my assortment of pipe and rockler aluminum bar clamps. I still might order a pair of 36" dubuque and a pair of 48" .

I love my Dubuques too. Great purchase.

Mike Heidrick
04-07-2018, 4:38 PM
Dubuques rock for ff attachment. Im not trading my parallels in for them for sure. Sure love the light weight of them though.

I like bessey edge clamps too.