PDA

View Full Version : My Horde from Yesterday - Brag

Marshall Harrison
04-04-2018, 12:18 PM
Since I have retired I don't really need all my software development books so I rounded up about 40 of them and paid a visit to my favorite used bookstore. I "sold" them for store credit plus added some cash and brought home these 18 woodworking books to add to my library. Got some good ones as well as a couple of classics and a few just because (like the Mission Furniture book).

This will give me lots of reading and fun time while waiting for my table saw to be delivered.

I still have enough software books left to make another run as well as my books on astronomy and theology. But most of the theology books are in digital format (2800+) so not much to redeem there.

Wasn't sure where to put this so if it should be in another place please move it.

Edwin Santos
04-04-2018, 12:26 PM
Good score! I've gotten some really good use out of Router Magic. The jigs he illustrates are very useful and several of them have served me over and over.
Edwin

John K Jordan
04-04-2018, 4:04 PM
Since I have retired I don't really need all my software development books so I rounded up about 40 of them and paid a visit to my favorite used bookstore. I "sold" them for store credit plus added some cash and brought home these 18 woodworking books to add to my library. .

Good idea. I have a bunch boxes of books on programming languages and software development. I thought no one would be interested. I have hundreds of other excess books some on science and math (a few on astronomy too), some classic sci-fi, some very old books, all taking up space waiting for me to kick the bucket before they get sent to the dump. Maybe I'll try taking a carload to McKays. But my wood library shelves are already overloaded, I even have some in your stack. I know, my Lovely Bride will gladly spend the credit!

JKJ

Marshall Harrison
04-04-2018, 4:43 PM
Good idea. I have a bunch boxes of books on programming languages and software development. I thought no one would be interested. I have hundreds of other excess books some on science and math (a few on astronomy too), some classic sci-fi, some very old books, all taking up space waiting for me to kick the bucket before they get sent to the dump. Maybe I'll try taking a carload to McKays. But my wood library shelves are already overloaded, I even have some in your stack. I know, my Lovely Bride will gladly spend the credit!

JKJ

I'm glad my post gave you some ideas. I only have about 10 programming books left that I will get rid of. The rest have some kind of sentimental meaning for me such as my original copy of K&R and some books that I was a contributing author on or was mentioned in. Still have maybe half a dozen on astronomy but the only ones I'll keep are my early set of Burnhams.

Bruce Wrenn
04-04-2018, 9:41 PM
Good score! I've gotten some really good use out of Router Magic. The jigs he illustrates are very useful and several of them have served me over and over.
EdwinBig plus 1 on "Router Magic." Wife bought mine at the American Woodworker show in King of Prussia (Philly) the year they came out. Bill had several of the projects on display.