PDA

View Full Version : Machine using Lasercut 5.3 compatibility with LaserCut 6.1

Ken Shea
04-02-2018, 2:13 PM
After many years of holding down the concrete I've plans to attempt once again to get a functioning laser.

Does any one know if the latest version of LaserCut 6.1 is compatible with the older Leetro MPC6515 controller? it was operating using 5.3

Feelings on any chance of the 130w Reci tube being still usable, set since 2011.

Thanks
Ken

Dave Sheldrake
04-03-2018, 8:58 AM
No it's not sadly

Jerome Stanek
04-04-2018, 2:26 PM
Not sure if Lightburn will work but you could download a trial version and see

Ken Shea
04-11-2018, 1:41 PM
Dave you were referring to the LaserCut and not the tube being usuable, correct?

Thanks Jerome, I'll take a look see.

Dave Sheldrake
04-11-2018, 11:27 PM
Yea, Lasercut Ken, there are a number of functions on the later cards that the earlier software won't work with and visa-versa. Not sure on the PAD 04 either as the 15 uses a PAD 03.

Tube is likely dead to be honest, they don't tend to like being used, stored and then used again,oxidation on the electrodes contaminates the gas and the helium content gets all bent out of shape,that's what usually causes them to fail (Helium is a REALLY small molecule and can pass through the bonds at the tube ends)

The 15 is a pretty good card all round and nice and stable, I still have a few machines with 15's in them that I have no plans on upgrading. (the naming conventions are also based on country of sale, the 15 and the 25 being the same card just in a plastic case)

If you need a copy of 5.3 drop me a message and I'll send it over with all the latest firmwares for the mainboard and PAD (they have to match)

Ken Shea
04-12-2018, 7:39 AM
From what I'd read a dead tube was expected.

PM sent with email address.