PDA

View Full Version : Pulse key settings

Roger Lueck
04-01-2018, 8:38 PM
Somewhere I saw a video that demonstrated how to set the power (%) and duration of time (ms) that a Chinese laser (RuiDa controller RDC 6442S-B) would fire when the "pulse key" was pressed. I believe the settings were established using the key pad and both settings were made in the same window.

I've been searching for the video that demonstrated how to align the mirrors of a laser which is where it was explained how to set the power/time parameters for the "pulse key". Does anyone remember where to find the video or could someone provide information regard to where these settings are changed?

Thank You
Roger

Bill George
04-02-2018, 8:24 AM
Somewhere I saw a video that demonstrated how to set the power (%) and duration of time (ms) that a Chinese laser (RuiDa controller RDC 6442S-B) would fire when the "pulse key" was pressed. I believe the settings were established using the key pad and both settings were made in the same window.

I've been searching for the video that demonstrated how to align the mirrors of a laser which is where it was explained how to set the power/time parameters for the "pulse key". Does anyone remember where to find the video or could someone provide information regard to where these settings are changed?

Thank You
Roger

Owners manual > https://www.google.com/search?q=RuiDa+controller+RDC+6442S-B&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-Address&ie=&oe=

John Lifer
04-02-2018, 2:27 PM
Power setting on the same keyboard..... Max power, it is what the pulse will fire at... Now time? no idea, it fires as long as I hold the button down on my machine.
I guess there might be a min time if you just touch it.

Kev Williams
04-02-2018, 9:39 PM
IF your display and controls are like mine, and I suspect they are, try settting the display power to 3%, that's what the laser will test fire at. As for duration, mine fires as long as I'm holding the button- I use this feature to create squared-to-the-machine straight edges on acrylic, I just slew the gantry while holding the fire button (at higher than 3% ;) ) -

Anyway, the machine should run at the power you choose in the software, and while running those power settings will show on screen. When done engraving, the screen will revert back to the lower power you've chosen for test firing.

Roger Lueck
04-07-2018, 7:14 PM
Thanks for the reponses-

Below is what I found:

Power -
The default power setting is the % power used when the "Pulse" key is depressed

Time setting for the "Pulse" key -
Depress the button for the "Z" axis, a list will appear, the 5th choice from the top is "Laser Set+", press the enter key and there will be 2 choices; Mode and Laser.
"Mode" determines whether the beam will fire continuously or manually
"Laser" sets the duration of time (in milliseconds, ms) the laser beam will fire when the "Pulse" key is depressed. When "Mode" is set to manual, the laser beam will only fire for the duration of time that is set to the right of the word "Laser" regardless of how long the "Pulse" key is depressed.
When the Mode is set to continuous, the beam will fire as long as the "Pulse" key on the keypad is depressed

John Lifer
04-08-2018, 7:56 AM
There you go! Manual isn't too bad if you search a bit!!