PDA

View Full Version : I finally did it: I ordered my table saw

Marshall Harrison
03-31-2018, 3:29 PM
Well, after what feels like a 1,000 questions on the forum, I finally pulled the trigger on a new table saw. I just ordered a Laguna Fusion F2. I caught it on sale at 10% off and no sales tax. Shipping was just $75 to my driveway with lift gate service.

Ended up with a cabinet style hybrid with a 36" fence and cast iron extensions. I think I'll be happy with this and it will fill my hobbiest needs. It has all of the features I was asking about and looking for.

Thanks for putting up with all of my questions and being so nice to me. I can't wait to start making some saw dust.

Bruce Page
03-31-2018, 3:43 PM
Congrats, it looks like a nice TS. Give us your opinion after you get it set up.

Frederick Skelly
03-31-2018, 5:10 PM
Congratulations!
Now the only catch is that you have to post pics of the first project you make with her. And, as Bruce said, post a brief review of your new saw! :D :D :D

Fred

Curt Harms
04-01-2018, 8:15 AM
Congratulations!
Now the only catch is that you have to post pics of the first project you make with her. And, as Bruce said, post a brief review of your new saw! :D :D :D

Fred

Yes please! It certainly doesn't look like yet another Unisaw knockoff. It would be interesting to see a pic or drawing of the blade tilt/elevation mechanism.

Marshall Harrison
04-01-2018, 8:33 PM
I'll do a review when it arrives. and include pics. there is a series of 18 videos on Youtube on setting up and tuning the saw. I've watched all 18 at least 3 times now and will do it some more before it arrives. They are on the previous version of the saw but the changes won't affect the setup; for example instead of a knob to switch out the riving knife the newer version has a lever. The newer one also has a spindle lock for changing the blade and the throat plate is now rectangular. Noting that really affects the setup videos.

Marshall Harrison
04-18-2018, 3:01 PM
Just got notified of delivery scheduled for tomorrow between 1 - 6. They will drop it at my garage door.

Charlie Hinton
04-18-2018, 3:15 PM
Very nice.
I have a Delta 36-715 hybrid that has served me well for over 12 years.
I would think the Laguna will serve you well for many years too.
Enjoy your new saw.

Nick Decker
04-18-2018, 3:27 PM
Cool. I know the feeling, and it is good.

glenn bradley
04-18-2018, 4:21 PM
Congrats. I think you will enjoy that machine.

Josh Groen
04-18-2018, 6:28 PM
I received my Fusion last week. I haven't used it much yet but I like it so far. Setup was a breeze.

Frederick Skelly
04-18-2018, 8:42 PM
Very cool Marshall. Congratulations!

Marshall Harrison
04-18-2018, 9:20 PM
I received my Fusion last week. I haven't used it much yet but I like it so far. Setup was a breeze.

Cool. Maybe we should start a club. :D

Its good to know others have the same saw.

Josh Groen
04-19-2018, 12:17 PM
Agreed. There isn't much out there about them yet. I ended up with the F3 after getting a great price from my local dealer.
As said before I do like it. Needed some minor adjustments for the blade to miter alignment and I had to make a small adjustment to align the riving knife.

Marshall Harrison
04-19-2018, 12:52 PM
I would like to have gotten the F3 but I don't have 230V in the shop.

Charlie Jones
04-20-2018, 9:12 AM
That is a nice saw. I know you will enjoy it for many years.