PDA

View Full Version : Final Question: Laguna Fusion F2 or Jet ProShop II

Marshall Harrison
03-30-2018, 8:23 AM
I can't decide between these two saws. The F2 has a 36" fence while the Jet has a 30" and 52". I think 30" would be a little too short and the 52" would handle anything I could throw at it but take up more room. I don't foresee a lot of full size plywood in my future and i could handle that with a track saw. Still 30" seems to limit you.

I would love to hear your input. Which saw to buy based on quality, fence and reputation etc.

Grant Aldridge
03-30-2018, 8:39 AM
I'm not qualified to recommend either of those machines but I'll give you two cents about the fence capacity. Unless you just have the room available forget the 52". Outside of a commercial cabinet shop the need for rips over 24" is rare - just rip the waste of you need a 24+" board.

Steve Rozmiarek
03-30-2018, 9:23 AM
I'm a previous Jet saw owner. It was a good saw, but when I look at the Pro shop 2, it looks a lot less robust than my fondly remembered trusty sidekick. I like my tablesaw to be rock like, and the Laguna looks closer to that. Probably mostly because of the base. There is no way that 4 straight legs are as stable as the full cabinet of the Laguna. I don't understand the point of the "hybrid" saws personally. Laguna gets my vote.