PDA

View Full Version : Lumber source advice

Blake M Williams
03-29-2018, 4:15 PM
I would like some help finding a good source of lumber, both on prices and shipping. I live in Odessa, TX, and it's a few hours to any sawmill. Where do some of you buy your lumber if your in a desert like me?

Malcolm McLeod
03-29-2018, 4:46 PM
I would like some help finding a good source of lumber, both on prices and shipping. I live in Odessa, TX, and it's a few hours to any sawmill. Where do some of you buy your lumber if your in a desert like me?

Easy now, Blake.

People will get the wrong idea about this fancy little countrrr... er, I mean state of ours. Odessa-Midland area is home to the largest oak forest in North America! Yes, North America. (Look it up, you ... you ....un-Texans.:p) They just need a little water to zoom right past their 2' height. Hey! ...It could happen!

Blake I can't help much for your options locally, but try Plywood Co of Ft Worth, Wood World (Dallas), or McKinney Hardwoods in this area. All have a website and ship, or brick&mortar if you get over this way. And not much closer, but I know my dad got good hardwoods in Amarillo when we lived there (not sure where).

Tony Wilkins
03-29-2018, 7:15 PM
Easy now, Blake.

People will get the wrong idea about this fancy little countrrr... er, I mean state of ours. Odessa-Midland area is home to the largest oak forest in North America! Yes, North America. (Look it up, you ... you ....un-Texans.:p) They just need a little water to zoom right past their 2' height. Hey! ...It could happen!

Blake I can't help much for your options locally, but try Plywood Co of Ft Worth, Wood World (Dallas), or McKinney Hardwoods in this area. All have a website and ship, or brick&mortar if you get over this way. And not much closer, but I know my dad got good hardwoods in Amarillo when we lived there (not sure where).

Accacia Hardwoods here in Lubbock has a pretty good inventory. Still a couple of hours away however. I’ve got some good short hardwood in 20 board foot packs from Steve wall lumber on occasion.

Blake M Williams
03-29-2018, 9:35 PM
I'll need to check out this place in Lubbock. Couple hours away is considered close lol.

Tony Wilkins
03-29-2018, 10:17 PM
I'll need to check out this place in Lubbock. Couple hours away is considered close lol.

http://www.acaciahardwoods.net/