PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Wilma (long winded)

bill walton
11-14-2005, 3:53 PM
I may have mentioned before that I have a small shop at my home in the Florida Keys and my main shop at my other home up near Cape Canaveral. In my Keys garage I have/had a Craftsman hybrid saw, a grizzly 16" BS, DW735 and a DC along with hand tools etc. These power tools are duplicated at the other house with a uni, MM bs, jointer, planer, blah blah.. The tools in the Keys got flooded with about 30 inches of saltwater from the surge produced by Wilma. This loss was rather minor compared to what many people had to contend with. Rather than replace this duplicated heavy iron, I’m thinking of adding to my festool collection to duplicate as many of the functions here as possible. I tend to do most of the heavy work, jointing, planing, ripping and tearing, up north and final machining and assembly down here on big projects along with small projects. I think the big MFT for sure but would you put the collective mind to work helping me put together a list. I’m hoping my flood insurance will help with this but the policies are a bit strange in the Keys. I have a ATF55 saw and CT22 vacuum along with a RO125 sander that I got earlier this year. If I can get the claims settled quickly enough I would hope to take advantage of the rebate offers currently in place.