PDA

View Full Version : Hitachi 18V Cordless Drill DS18DSAL

laura vianello
03-26-2018, 12:23 PM
Hi, when I use my drill I have the impression that it is wobbling. When I hold the chuck with my hand I feel vibrations which I do not feel with a newer (but unfortunately cheaper model of the same Hitachi drill). I think that it might have fell and the chuck might be damaged. What kind of options do I have? It looks like replacing the chuck is a lot of work and time...right? I like the 1/2 size of the drill and the fact that I have 4 batteries...so I would love to stick with the same. Should I buy a new one instead of trying to replace the chuck? Thanks

Wayne Lomman
03-28-2018, 7:35 AM
Before replacing the chuck, check the following. The vibration could be a dry and/or worn motor bearing just above the chuck. Take the drill apart and check the bearing for smooth running. If you get any resistance or rough feeling, the bearing needs replacing. The other scenario is the shaft is bent where the chuck attaches. This can happen if it hits the deck hard the wrong way. This will probably mean either put up with it or get another drill. Cheers