PDA

View Full Version : New 2HP and 3HP JDS Cyclone DC's ??

Doug Shepard
11-14-2005, 2:07 PM
Just to complicate my decision making process in the search for a compact cyclone DC, I noticed that JDS will soon be releasing 2 cyclone models - the 14042 2 HP and 14043 3HP cyclone. Amazon is taking orders for these already, but there's little info on their site. JDS website doesn't show them at all. An email I sent them got a reply with basic specs. They're supposedly available in Jan 06 and will be shown on their website "soon". Just wondered if anyone has seen any pre-release reviews anywhere or maybe seen them at a WW show.

Here's the only info that amazon has
2 HP
The JDS Cyclones are the ultimate dust collectors. Compact size, Powerful performance, and quiet operation make the JDS Cyclones the perfect choice for Discriminating woodworkers. The 2 HP Cyclone is only 6 feet tall, yet has a static pressure of 11.2 and 1900 CFM of pulling power. This model is ideal for shops with a limited ceiling height. The JDS Cyclones have a one micron efficient canister to ensure that fine dust doesn't get back into the shop. The canister is equipped with a convenient cleaning wheel that keeps the canister working at its peak performance, for years. Our exclusive collector basket holds a clear plastic bag which allows you to see the level of dust that has been collected, and also provides for quick and easy removal of the collected waste. If you are looking for great performance in a cyclone collector, which will fit into your shop, look to the JDS Cyclones.

3 HP
The JDS Cyclones are the ultimate dust collectors. Compact size, Powerful performance, and quiet operation make the JDS Cyclones the perfect choice for Discriminating woodworkers. The 3 HP Cyclone stands only 87 tall yet pulls an amazing 2050 CFM of dusty air. Combine that with a static pressure of 12.4, and you have a high performance collector that easily fits into any shop. The JDS Cyclones have a one micron efficient canister to ensure that fine dust doesn't get back into the shop. The canister is equipped with a convenient cleaning wheel that keeps the canister working at its peak performance, for years. Our exclusive collector basket holds a clear plastic bag which allows you to see the level of dust that has been collected, and also provides for quick and easy removal of the collected waste. If you are looking for great performance in a cyclone collector, which will fit into your shop, look to the JDS Cyclones.

Here's the info JDS emailed me when I requested more info, although I still haven't gotten a reply for a dimensioned drawing or answers to other questions yet.

2 H.P. ...........................3 H.P.
220v 16 amp. .................220v 18 amp
72” Tall .........................87” Tall
1900 cfm .......................2050 cfm
S.P. 11.2 .......................12.4
Inlet Dia. 8” / 2 – 4” .........8” / 2-4”
Db. 78 ............................78
Impeller 14” ....................15”
Collection Bag 40 gal. .......55 gal.
Dim: 51x34x72 ................52x33x87
Filter area: 5812 sq. in. ....9867 sq. in.

Michael Gabbay
11-14-2005, 2:33 PM
Doug - This looks very interesting. I like the fact that they are building it to have a plastic bag rather than the drum.

Mike

Steve Stube
11-14-2005, 3:05 PM
Amazon is taking orders for these already

Do you send Amazon a blank check and let them fill in the amount?

Doug, do you have pricing for them?

Doug Shepard
11-14-2005, 3:10 PM
Doug - This looks very interesting. I like the fact that they are building it to have a plastic bag rather than the drum.

Mike

The only catch is, I don't think you can use just any bag. Amazon has 5-packs of the replacement bags already listed at $19.

Do you send Amazon a blank check and let them fill in the amount?

Doug, do you have pricing for them?

If you seach on "JDS cyclone" on amazon, you'll see the same scanty info that I've been able to find. The prices are $900 & $1400 respectively.

Steve Stube
11-14-2005, 3:29 PM
Thanks Doug, I was picking on you a bit. You posted every other known bit of information so I expected the price too. Plus I was lazy.

Doug Shepard
11-14-2005, 5:57 PM
Thanks Doug, I was picking on you a bit. You posted every other known bit of information so I expected the price too. Plus I was lazy.

No problem. I actually meant to include the price and just forgot.

I did get another email reply from JDS but they unfortunately don't have any dimensioned drawings yet, nor do they even have one there that they can measure.

David Less
11-15-2005, 4:53 AM
Looks very promising. I have the same problem with ceiling height and space. I have to build my own and mount the blower on the side to keep the height down. I'm using Bill Pentz's design with a Clear Vue cyclone.

Good luck with your decision

David

Ed Lang
11-15-2005, 8:35 AM
ClearVue is the clear choice.

Alan Schaffter
11-15-2005, 1:52 PM
The filter area specs can't be right! (unless my math is off that is 40 & 68 sq ft) Way too small for that CFM!!!! The typical cartridges from Wynn and others are anywhere from 200-300 sq ft.