PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know how to measure the cone on a Chinese laser head??

Dawn Cortez
03-25-2018, 10:07 PM
Hi, I have a 50 watt chinese laser that I melted the laser cone on. I would like to replace it with a metal one but am unable to figure out the size of it? The manual doesn't even list the names of the parts. I have found some at Light Objects but they are of varying sizes. Please help....

Dave Sheldrake
03-26-2018, 3:27 AM
Picture of the machine or it's name will help?

Bill George
03-26-2018, 7:42 AM
Hi, I have a 50 watt chinese laser that I melted the laser cone on. I would like to replace it with a metal one but am unable to figure out the size of it? The manual doesn't even list the names of the parts. I have found some at Light Objects but they are of varying sizes. Please help....

All the cones I have seen have been metal. Try the people you purchased from or buy / borrow a set of digital calipers.

Dawn Cortez
03-26-2018, 5:54 PM
Picture of the machine or it's name will help?
It's just a basic chinese laser. Blue and white. Couldn't figure out how to add a pic here.. I just went a head and ordered a replacement that looks similar from Light Object. Hopefully I will get lucky and it will work. I have only had the machine for a year and bought it on Amazon. There is no support what so ever. BUT you get what you pay for and I am still learning the craft. Would rather workout the learning bugs on this before I spend a ton of dough on a bigger machine. :)

Joseph Shawa
03-29-2018, 12:31 AM
Seems that you should check you alignment as well. If the beam is centered then it won't hit the cone....exact center.

Dave Sheldrake
03-29-2018, 2:42 AM
A link to the amazon page Dawn? can find out from there what it is :)

Dawn Cortez
03-31-2018, 7:39 PM
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AJIMCKS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Sorry for the late response it's been crazy here and I missed the notifications. Turns out the part I ordered isn't the same. It also turns out I burned the focal lens somehow. So now I need that also. Anybody know a good place that I could just replace the head and lens thru? Findng one on search engines has been frustrating at best. Thanks in advance.

Jeff Body
03-31-2018, 9:19 PM
How about a picture of the part you melted or you're needing because that laser definitely doesn't come with a plastic cone.

Dave Sheldrake
04-01-2018, 8:04 PM
It's a Shenhui SH350D

Bill George
04-02-2018, 11:37 AM
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AJIMCKS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Sorry for the late response it's been crazy here and I missed the notifications. Turns out the part I ordered isn't the same. It also turns out I burned the focal lens somehow. So now I need that also. Anybody know a good place that I could just replace the head and lens thru? Findng one on search engines has been frustrating at best. Thanks in advance.

If you took the time to post a question you need to check back in for the answers. You need a set of digital calipers to measure the cone. lens and head you have now, Unless you know the measurements you will never find it with a Search. Harbor Freight sells those digital calipers for less than $20. The problem with buying a cheap machine is what your finding out right now, no support. I can suggest after you get your measurements. LightObject dot com, they carry good replacement parts... if you know the size.

Yes Jeff, I agree a picture of what you actually Need would help. Lens? Cone? or What?

Edit is this the machine? Orion Motor Tech 50W 110V CO2 Laser Engraving Machine Engraver Cutter Auxiliary Rotary Device https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AJIMCKS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

have you tried Orion or Amazon for help? Orion is still selling on Amazon.

Dawn Cortez
04-06-2018, 1:23 PM
If you took the time to post a question you need to check back in for the answers. You need a set of digital calipers to measure the cone. lens and head you have now, Unless you know the measurements you will never find it with a Search. Harbor Freight sells those digital calipers for less than $20. The problem with buying a cheap machine is what your finding out right now, no support. I can suggest after you get your measurements. LightObject dot com, they carry good replacement parts... if you know the size.

Yes Jeff, I agree a picture of what you actually Need would help. Lens? Cone? or What?

Edit is this the machine? Orion Motor Tech 50W 110V CO2 Laser Engraving Machine Engraver Cutter Auxiliary Rotary Device https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AJIMCKS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

have you tried Orion or Amazon for help? Orion is still selling on Amazon.

Thank you Bill. Yes that is the same link I posted at the top of my response. I appreciate your time and willingness to help.
I will be heading to harbor freight later today. Thank you