PDA

View Full Version : Tight Batteries .. 12 volt Bosch

Ed Henderson
03-24-2018, 2:44 PM
I'm having trouble with my Bosch 12 volt batteries. They are difficult to remove from my 12 volt drills. Online search suggests that I file down the catch tabs but I suspect the batteries are just too close fitting. I do have Milwaukee 12 volt drills as well. at the cabin, but they insert and release easily. I have tried wd40 on the bosch batteries with limited success.
Is there a solution for this. I do have a bit of arthritis but still have a good grip. I'm up in my 70's.

I thought I'd ask here before I start sanding down the batteries.

Mark Wooden
03-24-2018, 3:10 PM
Have you tried calling/emailing Bosch Service? May be something they're aware of and have a fix available. I have had good luck with their phone support, they got back to me promptly, answered my questions.

Nick Decker
03-24-2018, 5:01 PM
Ed, before you start filing anything, try pushing IN on the battery while pressing the release button, then pulling OUT to slide the battery out. My 12v Bosch drill is like that, as was one of their saws I used to have. Weird, but it seems to work.

Alan Schwabacher
03-24-2018, 5:47 PM
Before you file anything, look carefully at the connectors. One of my Bosch chargers tends to bend the connectors of some of my batteries. I bent them back, and they work fine.

Bill Dufour
03-24-2018, 8:39 PM
Where do you liver? how hot does it get there. How hot do the batteries get in the trunk of your car. here it can easily go over 150 F in the trunk and many things will explode. Is suppose if a sealed can of soda can swell up and explode no reason a sealed battery can not at least swell up. especially if charged or used while hot.
Bill D

Bernie Kopfer
03-25-2018, 8:45 PM
I've had the same problem with Bosch's 12V batteries. the good news is that with time and wear they do loosen up a bit. I have three 12v tools and three batteries. Same problem with all of them. But they are good tools.

Tony Zaffuto
03-25-2018, 9:17 PM
I also have three Bosch 12v tools. The first, bought maybe three or four years ago, had no issues. The later two had stiff batteries, but they have since "broke" in.

Dave Sabo
03-26-2018, 9:39 PM
Bosch has changed their supplier and/or the molds for the battery caps. Starting with the 2.0 amp hour batteries up.

These batteries have a very slightly different shape and are a smidge larger making them more difficult to install into the drills, saws, flashlights and cameras.

Yes, new batteries are more difficult to insert until they have a bit of mileage on them, but in this case the new series batteries are bigger.

Larry Frank
03-27-2018, 7:18 AM
This is an interesting thread for me. I have the 12V Milwaukee drill and the batteries are difficult to remove. In my case, this is partially due to having arthritis in my hands and wrists. However, the design is such that you have to pinch both side and pull and it is not easy. My Makita 18V are real easy.