PDA

View Full Version : It's about (party) time;send Keith and the Gang to a night out!!!

John Miliunas
11-13-2005, 7:18 PM
Knowing that many of you folks don't visit all the forums, it was decided to put this here. Put "what" here?:confused: If you check out this thread in the "Support Forum", you'll get the gist of this message. In brief, as a big "Thank You" to our hosts and administrator of this community we call SMC, it was suggested they take a little break and have a nice evening on us, the members of this community. True to form, Keith, Aaron & Co. politely declined. It seems that no amount of coaxing was going to change their minds.:mad: In the meantime, my PM "Inbox" was rapidly reaching capacity!:eek:

So, a number of us decided that, as long as our benefactors aren't going to take us up on our suggestion, we need to take it into our own hands.:D
I know I don't even have to go into "why" we should do this or can I even begin to describe all these folks have done and continue to do on our behalf!:)

Here's the deal: If you folks feel that Keith, Jackie, Aaron and his significant other (fiancé) deserve a night out on us, the members of this great site, make that known! So, to get to the chase, if you so choose, I'll be accepting PayPal contributions at: at5vette@execpc.com . Just slug the purpose as "SMC Outing". If you have any questions for me, don't hesitate to contact me at that same address!:)

Now, we're NOT looking for the "Save SMC" type of funds. A couple or three bucks a piece across much of the Membership will do nicely. Once done, we'll get a gift certificate to a nice place in their "neighborhood". (That way, they just plain old can't refuse it!!!:D )

So this doesn't carry on as a "forever" type of thing, I'm placing a 1 week deadline on donations. In other words, we'll call it done on next Sunday, Nov. 20, 2005 at 7:00 pm, CDT.

Also, if there's anyone located close to our hosts, we'd greatly appreciate names, recommendations and numbers of a "nice night out"!:) Thanks for your time and consideration!:cool:

John Bailey
11-13-2005, 7:23 PM
John,

Nicely done. Paypal's done

John

John Miliunas
11-13-2005, 7:25 PM
Thanks for getting the ball rolling, John!!!:D :cool:

John Hart
11-13-2005, 7:29 PM
Me Too....Paypal's done. Quick and easy. Way to go John!!!!:D :) :)

John Bailey
11-13-2005, 7:35 PM
And the John's have it!!

John

Steve Clardy
11-13-2005, 7:48 PM
Thanks for being the coridinator? and funds collector for this John.

I'll fire some moola off tomorrow.

Bob Noles
11-13-2005, 8:01 PM
John,

Pal Pal sent..... I don't want my name dispalyed in "hot pink" :D

Hope they enjoy... they more than earn it.

Andy Hoyt
11-13-2005, 8:20 PM
Hey! That didn't hurt one bit!

John Miliunas
11-13-2005, 8:24 PM
John,

Pal Pal sent..... I don't want my name dispalyed in "hot pink" :D

Hope they enjoy... they more than earn it.

Bob, it's not "pink". It's "slightly red"!:D (And man, are you lucky I don't have "Admin" rights to this software!!!!:D :D :D ) BTW, thanks for the contrib!:) :cool:

Mark Singer
11-13-2005, 8:26 PM
John,
I sent it....now I hope you don't spend it on tools;) or beer;)

Ken Fitzgerald
11-13-2005, 8:56 PM
Tools....beer.....I wished I'd known that before I contributed!:rolleyes: :D

Bernie Weishapl
11-13-2005, 9:09 PM
Nice job John. Paypal is done. (By the way no tools or beer John :eek: ) Hope they have fun. They more than deserve it.

John Miliunas
11-13-2005, 11:13 PM
Not to worry, guys! Heck, half the time I forget to drink the bear I already have!:rolleyes: As for tools, I'm pretty well set for now! Besides, those guys need some time "off" more than I need beer or more tools!:)

BTW, a couple folks emailed wanting to donate but, don't do PP. You're welcome to drop me an email and I'll be happy to give you my snail mail address and then I'll just simply add that to the total at my end. (Don't worry...NO side trips to the liquor store!!!:rolleyes: )

And, for those others thinking that, "Gee, there aren't a whole lot of people jumping in on this.", allow me to interject. Not everyone who donated thus far has posted that they did so! Many folks are just supporting the cause and carry on with more typical SMC posts. Don't be bashful... Like originally stated, just a couple or three bucks from a LOT of people, will make for an enjoyable evening for a few folks who more than deserve it!!!:) :cool:

Don Dean
11-13-2005, 11:36 PM
Done - Paypal

Jim Tobias
11-13-2005, 11:37 PM
Paypal on the way. They deserve it and much more for all they have done!
Jim

Rick de Roque
11-13-2005, 11:39 PM
nice!!!
rick

Vaughn McMillan
11-14-2005, 4:13 AM
I'm in.

- Vaughn

John Hart
11-14-2005, 7:41 AM
Cool!!! Sounds like this idea is a shot in the right direction John. Any idea where we're sending these nice folks??

Pete Simmons
11-14-2005, 7:42 AM
Paypal sent.

As I said before

"Lets see, back 8 or so months ago I new NOTHING about Laser Engraving. Today I keep busy at my hobby/business of Laser Engraving and even have people asking me "How do you make such nice Black Marble Photos?

99.99% of what I know about Laser Engraving came from SMC.

Like Mastercard says - $25 here, $50 there, being able to learn that much that fast - PRICELESS!!! "

Much of this info and all my Black Marble came from Keith, Jackie and Aaron.

I just want to say thanks!

John Miliunas
11-14-2005, 7:57 AM
Thanks folks! We're doing pretty good, thus far and your participation is greatly appreciated and only further reflects on what a great place SMC is!!!:)

BUT, we're still waiting on some Virginianites to send along suggestions for a nice place to have this little get-together. Oh, and the "...new McDonalds down the road..." is NOT what we're looking for!!!:rolleyes:

Thanks again, everyone!!!:) :cool:

Jason Roehl
11-14-2005, 8:09 AM
Paypal moolah on its way, John. Somebody should be able to have a beer on me!

Glenn Clabo
11-14-2005, 8:15 AM
Lots of places are around them... Maybe make a list and make (force...insist...demand) them to pick?

http://www.ilgiardino.com/ - VA Beach
http://www.biergarden.com/food_page.htm - Portsmouth
http://www.mahimahs.com/ - VA Beach
http://www.theyorkshirerestaurant.com/ - Wiliamsburg

Ed Lang
11-14-2005, 8:25 AM
What kind of food at we thinking about?

John Miliunas
11-14-2005, 8:25 AM
Lots of places are around them... Maybe make a list and make (force...insist...demand) them to pick?

http://www.ilgiardino.com/ - VA Beach
http://www.biergarden.com/food_page.htm - Portsmouth
http://www.mahimahs.com/ - VA Beach
http://www.theyorkshirerestaurant.com/ - Wiliamsburg

Thanks Glenn! :) Have you had the pleasure of visiting any of these establishments (or all!) yourself??? If so, feedback??? Feel free to email me, if you prefer! Thanks again!:) :cool:

John Miliunas
11-14-2005, 8:41 AM
What kind of food at we thinking about?

Well, when I think about a "nice" night out, I like the good old standby of steak & potatoes. Our finances don't allow for going out too often, so that my idea of a treat.:D OTOH, we're planning this for a foursome, so I imagine a place with decent variety would be good. Unless, of course, you know of a real cool ethnic restaurant or similar???? We're completely open to recommendations!:) Thanks!!!:) :cool:

Carl Eyman
11-14-2005, 9:05 AM
I can't know how the foursome would like it, but a very elegant choice would be the Williamsburg Inn in Colonial Williamsburg.

Peter Stahl
11-14-2005, 9:05 AM
Done also - Paypal

Steve Evans
11-14-2005, 9:12 AM
John

I'm feeling left out here. You don't accept payments from non-US sources. Could you send me your address so that I can send a check.

Steve

Frank Pellow
11-14-2005, 9:17 AM
John

I'm feeling left out here. You don't accept payments from non-US sources. Could you send me your address so that I can send a check.

Steve
Steve, had the same problem, I sent John a private message, and he sent me his "real address" so that I could mail a cheque to him.

John Miliunas
11-14-2005, 9:20 AM
John

Steve

Steve, so sorry about that! :o I just went back into PP and activated Canadian and Aussie accounts! Should work now or, you can do as Frank did and drop me an email and I'll gladly shoot you my snail mail address. Thanks!!!:) :cool:

Steve Clardy
11-14-2005, 10:27 AM
Firing off some your way this morning John. Thanks!

Aaron Koehl
11-14-2005, 11:19 AM
I'm serious, you guys are just too much!

I'll definitely have to come up with a place-- I'm pretty familiar with the
restaurants in the area; much more so than Keith and Jackie *rib* ;)

John Hart
11-14-2005, 11:23 AM
I think we'll have to list Aaron as a Collaborator in the Revolt!;)

John Miliunas
11-14-2005, 11:28 AM

Awriiiiiight!!!:D Just make sure it doesn't have a "Mc" in the name, isn't represented by some clown-looking king or old guy with a beard and definitely, NOT owned by Pepsi or Coke!!!!:D AND, the place had better sell adult beverages!!!:D Carry on....:) :cool:

Mark Singer
11-14-2005, 11:35 AM
John,
Sorry no OPAH there yet:(

Aaron Koehl
11-14-2005, 11:40 AM
John,
Now that would be a treat! If I am ever on the extreme opposite end of the US from where I am currently, I'll be sure to check it out :D

Dan Larson
11-14-2005, 11:40 AM
I'm in.:D

Thanks for organizing, John!

Dan

John Miliunas
11-14-2005, 11:43 AM
John,

Man, now that's a shame, 'cuz it would be a shoe-in for a super place to go!!! If any of you folks ever make it out to Mark's neck 'o the woods, Opah is a definite "Must Visit"!!!:) In the meantime, Mark, have you started on the Madison, WI contingent of Opah????:D :cool:

Syd Lorandeau
11-14-2005, 11:45 AM
Hi John,
I do not have Paypal but a check is in the mail. Great idea!!! You are right I do not know where they find the time to do it all.
Syd

Ed Lang
11-14-2005, 12:16 PM
Who around here has a plane? Lets just fly them to the West Coast for the feast!
:eek:

Andy Hoyt
11-14-2005, 12:21 PM
So here I am a newbie to this forum trying to pick up up the "local lingo" and now you guys throw in this Opah thing and I'm still trying to figure out what Schlmacca is.

FIW, my current assumption on Schlamcca is a cross between scrapple, borscht, and that Greek sandwich meat stuff. Am I close?

John Hart
11-14-2005, 12:32 PM
Here's a hint Andy...(and it ain't much of one)

Shlamaca may have been first illuminated at OPAH........maybe.:rolleyes:

Heres Opah...opahrestaurant.com
Perhaps Google will lend a hand on the other. ;)

Mark Singer
11-14-2005, 12:33 PM
Man, now that's a shame, 'cuz it would be a shoe-in for a super place to go!!! If any of you folks ever make it out to Mark's neck 'o the woods, Opah is a definite "Must Visit"!!!:) In the meantime, Mark, have you started on the Madison, WI contingent of Opah????:D :cool:

I am working on a new one in the Irvine Spectrum adjacent to the Regal 24 Cinemas....We will be next to Cheesecake Factory and across from Javier's..

Here is a link we were named one of the Countys Hottest Businesses last year:

http://www.230forestavenue.com/230Forest_OPAH_Agave.pdf

John Miliunas
11-14-2005, 12:40 PM
We will be next to Cheesecake Factory and across from Javier's..

Hey, that reminds me...Ever try out that recipe???? :confused: I'm just glad Jill made a "demo" cake for the pics, as that's the last time we had any, as well!:mad: Maybe for Thanksgiving....:D We all like it better than some stupid punkin' pie!:) :cool:

Mark Singer
11-14-2005, 12:45 PM
Hey, that reminds me...Ever try out that recipe???? :confused: I'm just glad Jill made a "demo" cake for the pics, as that's the last time we had any, as well!:mad: Maybe for Thanksgiving....:D We all like it better than some stupid punkin' pie!:) :cool:

Forgot......:o

Karl Laustrup
11-14-2005, 12:48 PM

Aaron, please make sure the restaurant is one that you would all enjoy, but also one that you would perhaps not normally go to because of finances.

If you were in my area I wouldn't hesitate to send you to the one listed below. It's one that we try to go to once a year, after tourist season, to enjoy a really fine evening of excellent food.

http://www.fieldsatthewilderness.com/

Someone had better remember a camera. ;) :D

Karl

Mike Forsman
11-14-2005, 1:22 PM
Really great idea!

Mike Weaver
11-14-2005, 1:23 PM
REALLY great idea.

I added a bit to the pot...

Cheers,
-Mike

John Miliunas
11-14-2005, 3:12 PM
First, thanks to all who have contributed, thus far. We're gettin' there!!!:D

Now, to clarify something up just a tad. Many of you folks have PM'd, emailed or just added a short note to your PP donation, thanking me for this being a "great idea". Yes, it is a great idea, but I'll NOT take all the blam....errrrrr....credit for it! I had some main co-conspirators in the effort and inception of this idea!:D Namely, John Hart, John Bailey, Ken Fitzgerald and Steve Clardy!!! :D As you may have noted by their past history, none of these gentlemen go about their daily tasks by just sitting on their hands waiting for something to happen. They become active and go after it and were the driving force to encourage this to become a reality! I'd like to thank them publicly for that shot in the arm and inspiration to get this mini-project going! Thanks guys...You're a LOT of what makes SMC what it is today!:) Carry on....:) :cool:

Steve Clardy
11-14-2005, 3:51 PM
Thanks for heading up this revolt!!!:eek: :D

John Shuk
11-14-2005, 4:16 PM
You can count me in for a big THANK YOU!
And a little help for the cause.

Bill Sampson
11-14-2005, 7:05 PM
John,
PM your snail mail and a check will follow.

Carl Eymans' suggestion of the Williamsburg Inn is an elegant place to dine with great food and service.

Also a wonderful dining experience would be Stienhilbers in VA Beach. Stienhilbers serves, in my opinion, as well as many others, some of the best sea food on the east coast. The prime rib is almost more than a human can eat and the keylime pie is to die for! I have on occasion taken guests there, made arrangements to prepay the bill thus eliminating the bill coming to the table and being concerned who pays and how much was spent.

Christiana Campbell's Tavern in Colonial Williamsburg is also a delightful place to dine.

There are several others that area Creekers would know, but you could'nt miss with either of these three. Obviously wherever Keith and Jackie prefer, would be the best one to pick.

Note to Carl Eyman;
Trust we can get together for dinner with Keith's family, you and others when you come to Williamburg in Jan,06. It isn't too soon to plan if you want to do this again. Aaron's choice of places last year was excellent.
Had a great time last year and look forward to seeing you again.

Bill Sampson, Richmond

Brian Hale
11-14-2005, 7:19 PM
I'm in. I just sent paypal payment.

Brian :)

Jerry Bittner
11-14-2005, 7:30 PM
Done and thanks for heading this up.

Ron Jones near Indy
11-14-2005, 7:31 PM
Thanks John for putting this together. I seem to get about 10 emails a month asking to "clarify issues" on my PayPal account.:eek: I have never had a PayPal account, and because of these scams I never will.:( I will be sending you a PM for a snail mail address.

Bruce Page
11-14-2005, 8:05 PM
Done. I hope it gets through alright, I don't use PayPal that much. :o

John Miliunas
11-14-2005, 8:16 PM
Done. I hope it gets through alright, I don't use PayPal that much. :o

Yup, you should have already received a confirmation. Thanks!:)

And to you guys requesting snail mail addy, check your PM's and, thank you, as well!!!:)

Keith & Co.,....Best get your dining bibs ready!:D :cool:

John Hart
11-14-2005, 9:04 PM
.... I had some main co-conspirators in the effort and inception of this idea! ......

I'm in it for the beer! You promised that this was a great way to make beer money! :D

Dan Forman
11-14-2005, 9:51 PM
Check on the way.

Dan

John Miliunas
11-14-2005, 9:59 PM
I'm in it for the beer! You promised that this was a great way to make beer money! :D

OK wise-guy! I've been working with a lot of Ash lately and then here's your "wise" remark. Mere coincidence? I think knot! :D Now cut that out!:D :) :cool:

Bernie Weishapl
11-14-2005, 10:06 PM
I agree with Bill on these three. Having been to Williamsburg Inn, Stienhilbers in VA Beach, Christiana Campbell's Tavern in Colonial Williamsburg when we visit the kids in Richmond. Bill is correct about the prime rib at Stienhilbers. Bill I died twice eating the keylime pie (been there twice).

Steve Wargo
11-14-2005, 11:26 PM
I'll second Mahimah's. Excellent food. Just sent in my $$$. It is well deserved.

Mike Ewalt
11-15-2005, 12:28 AM
Howdy John,
My sincere thanks and gratitude for having the intestinal fortitude "guts" to do the "right thing" By your request, a "sane' amount is headed your way via Pay-Pal.
regards,
Crazy Mike

John Bailey
11-15-2005, 5:52 AM
I've been to the Williamsburg sites and they are great. They're a bit sedate for what I had in mind. I was hoping for some wild and crazy pictures of our founder. Come to think of it, going where our founding fathers frequented may be just the ticket. Hopefully they'll have more of a Ben Franklin good time than a John Adams good time.

John

Ken Fitzgerald
11-15-2005, 10:45 AM
John....Thanks for heading this up..........Oh BTW thanks for sharing the blame!;) :D

Kent Cori
11-15-2005, 12:49 PM
I'm in. Great idea John et al!

As for Keith's and Aaron's reluctance to accept this very small token of our thanks, guys, you've got to let us treat you to a night out. If you don't, I personally will be very disappointed. This in turn will lead to a bout of depression which will then result in uncontrollable sobbing on my part. Of course, this flood of tears will then fall on the cast iron surface of my cabinet saw rusting and pitting its once shiny surface. I'll then have get a doctor's help with my depression which will undoubtedly require prescription drugs. Once I'm back up to snuff, I'll have to spend hours removing the rust and polishing my TS surface. I'll likely over extend myself resulting in pain and depression and the whole cycle will repeat itself.

Therefore, I beseach you to accept our heart felt offer. Otherwise, my life could very well be ruined.

John Miliunas
11-15-2005, 1:13 PM
I'm in. Great idea John et al!

As for Keith's and Aaron's reluctance to accept this very small token of our thanks, guys, you've got to let us treat you to a night out. If you don't, I personally will be very disappointed. This in turn will lead to a bout of depression which will then result in uncontrollable sobbing on my part. Of course, this flood of tears will then fall on the cast iron surface of my cabinet saw rusting and pitting its once shiny surface. I'll then have get a doctor's help with my depression which will undoubtedly require prescription drugs. Once I'm back up to snuff, I'll have to spend hours removing the rust and polishing my TS surface. I'll likely over extend myself resulting in pain and depression and the whole cycle will repeat itself.

Therefore, I beseach you to accept our heart felt offer. Otherwise, my life could very well be ruined.

Yeah, what Kent said! OR, I'll get Dale and the rest of his henchmen from Peshtigo, WI to come out there and kick butt!!!:mad: :D :cool:

Steve Clardy
11-15-2005, 2:20 PM
John....Thanks for heading this up..........Oh BTW thanks for sharing the blame!;) :D

Lol. I demand that John send us a cherry bowl in return.:eek: :eek: :D :rolleyes:

John Miliunas
11-15-2005, 2:28 PM
Lol. I demand that John send us a cherry bowl in return.:eek: :eek: :D :rolleyes:

Now, just wait one minute! :eek: Any turning I do, is done purely as a beginner and a crippled one, to boot! John H. is the master turner in this particular quintet! :) OTOH, I'd be happy to send along a bunch of the sawdust and chips from my own weak attempts!:D :cool:

Steve Clardy
11-15-2005, 2:32 PM
Now, just wait one minute! :eek: Any turning I do, is done purely as a beginner and a crippled one, to boot! John H. is the master turner in this particular quintet! :) OTOH, I'd be happy to send along a bunch of the sawdust and chips from my own weak attempts!:D :cool:

Lol. Well that got your attention!!!:eek: :eek: :D :D ;) :rolleyes:

Ed Breen
11-15-2005, 2:42 PM
John,
Pay Pal done
Ed

Steve Clardy
11-15-2005, 3:47 PM
John. We need to put a little stipulation in the contract for Keith and crew. :eek: Something like------------------------

Pictures of the grand dinner night out are required.:D
No Ronald McDonald in the back ground scene.:o
No hugging the ladies from the bearded Burger King guy.:eek: :mad: :eek:

Steve. Unofficial contract man.:rolleyes: :)

John Hart
11-15-2005, 4:06 PM
If there's a few bucks left over...we could hire a contract covert photographer guy to take pictures from the bushes and behind the plant stands...;)

Steve Clardy
11-15-2005, 4:12 PM
If there's a few bucks left over...we could hire a contract covert photographer guy to take pictures from the bushes and behind the plant stands...;)

Hey. That would work;)

If we don't do something, ol Tyler might get upset.:eek: :D

John Miliunas
11-15-2005, 5:10 PM

Hold on just a minu-et! "...pricture from the bushes and...". :eek: Uh, lest we forget, this is a family oriented site!!!! No telling what those people will be doing if they're not shooting their own pics!!!!:D :cool:

John Bailey
11-15-2005, 5:17 PM
Maybe just a picture of Keith with a lampshade on his head.

John

Steve Clardy
11-15-2005, 5:20 PM

John

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ;)

John Miliunas
11-15-2005, 6:01 PM

John

Now that would be worth the price of admission!:D :D :D :cool:

Jason Roehl
11-15-2005, 7:12 PM

John

That would get this poor man to cough up a couple more dollars!! :D Especially if he was holding the other part of the lamp and it belonged to the one in "A Christmas Story"!! :eek:

After all, "fishnets" would go well with a seafood restaurant!!

Andy Hoyt
11-15-2005, 7:18 PM
Gotta be an Italian Seafood restaurant though. So they can say, "Frah Gee Lay"

John Miliunas
11-15-2005, 7:48 PM
Bet we could sell front row seats for that!!!:D

"Frah Gee Lay"..... Andy, you're just too much!:D :cool:

Neil Clemmons
11-15-2005, 8:51 PM
I'm in John. Thanks for pulling this together.

Neil

John Bailey
11-16-2005, 5:32 AM
I think they should go to a Greek Restaurant so they can dress up like this picture. If so, I'll show up in VA and take the pictures. Wouldn't Keith and Aaron look great in this get up.

John

Ken Fitzgerald
11-16-2005, 7:09 AM
I think they should go to a Greek Restaurant so they can dress up like this picture. If so, I'll show up in VA and take the pictures. Wouldn't Keith and Aaron look great in this get up.

John

John

If there's a few bucks left over...we could hire a contract covert photographer guy to take pictures from the bushes and behind the plant stands...

John. We need to put a little stipulation in the contract for Keith and crew. Something like------------------------

Pictures of the grand dinner night out are required.
No Ronald McDonald in the back ground scene.
No hugging the ladies from the bearded Burger King guy.

Steve. Unofficial contract man.

Hold on just a minu-et! "...pricture from the bushes and...". Uh, lest we forget, this is a family oriented site!!!! No telling what those people will be doing if they're not shooting their own pics!!!!

Oh God! And to think that I threw in with this bunch! :eek: :rolleyes: :D :D :D

John Miliunas
11-16-2005, 7:47 AM

Yeah Ken...And just think of all the other great ideas we can come up with in the next 4+ days!!!:D :D :cool:

Steve Clardy
11-16-2005, 3:20 PM

John

John

If there's a few bucks left over...we could hire a contract covert photographer guy to take pictures from the bushes and behind the plant stands...

John. We need to put a little stipulation in the contract for Keith and crew. Something like------------------------

Pictures of the grand dinner night out are required.
No Ronald McDonald in the back ground scene.
No hugging the ladies from the bearded Burger King guy.

Steve. Unofficial contract man.

Hold on just a minu-et! "...pricture from the bushes and...". Uh, lest we forget, this is a family oriented site!!!! No telling what those people will be doing if they're not shooting their own pics!!!!

Too late to back out now Ken. Lol

John Bailey
11-17-2005, 5:27 AM
I don't think God had anything to do with this bunch. Maybe a little devil!!:D

John

Ken Fitzgerald
11-17-2005, 7:08 AM
John that was just the first uncontrolled response that came out of my mouth when I suddently realized what I'd done and who'd I'd joined.....:>)

Jeff Sudmeier
11-17-2005, 9:56 AM
Mine should be on the way.

Sorry it's late!

Hope they have fun!!! :)

John Miliunas
11-17-2005, 10:06 AM
Mine should be on the way.

Sorry it's late!

Hope they have fun!!! :)

Hey dude, it's NOT late! We're still "Open" for business until Sunday evening!:D Thanks and we're thinking they will have fun!!!:D :cool:

John Miliunas
11-18-2005, 1:28 PM
Shameless bump!:D Just a couple more days left, folks!!! Let's make this one an evening they won't forget for a long, long time!!!:D :cool:

Chris Lee
11-18-2005, 3:22 PM
Just sent my little part! If you haven't picked a place yet, there is a place in Colonial Williamsburg call The King's Arm Tavern. This place is incredible. I was just there a couple months ago. Everything is done like they would have done it in Colonial America. The food was incredible as well as the service. Every time I turned around they were bringing another dish. First rate place!!

Chris

Steve Clardy
11-18-2005, 6:05 PM
Bump Bump Bump

Chris Padilla
11-18-2005, 7:06 PM
There ya go, SMC Founders/Workers. I know I haven't been around much lately for my usual witty banter, off color remarks, and general rabble rousing, but this is a phenomenal sight with a great group of folks! Have a slice 'o pie on me! :)

John Miliunas
11-18-2005, 7:48 PM
There ya go, SMC Founders/Workers. I know I haven't been around much lately for my usual witty banter, off color remarks, and general rabble rousing, but this is a phenomenal sight with a great group of folks! Have a slice 'o pie on me! :)

Thanks Chris and, yeah, where the heck you been hidin'???:confused: I mean, you DO realize that your twin brother is one of the co-conspirators in this effort, don't you? Mom would be ashamed that you don't keep in touch!:D :cool:

Allen Bookout
11-19-2005, 1:18 AM
John, Just threw in a few bucks to give credit where credit is due. Nice feeling. I know that you are probably overloaded but could you please let me know if my payment went through OK. By the way, corrections should be made soon to the Member/Contributor list.

Thanks for your effort!!!! Allen

John Miliunas
11-20-2005, 2:44 PM
First and foremost, we need to thank all those who have contributed to this fine occasion thus far!:) For those who have sent their contributions via PayPal, you should've gotten your confirmations through PP. For those sending in your contributions, I have emailed or PM'd you confirming receipt of your donation. :)

Now, we're coming down to the wire on this little drive, with only about 4.5 hours left. Come on, guys and gals! If you're enjoying this forum right now, you need to know that there are some folks "behind the scenes" making all this possible for us! Yes, I know...Many of us pitched in to keep it alive and it was your generosity which made that possible. Let's show that same appreciation to those folks responsible for the care and feeding of this operation! :) Thanks again!:D :cool:

John Bailey
11-20-2005, 2:59 PM
John,

This has been one of the most fun threads since I've been on the "Creek." Thanks for keeping it going. Isn't it tough to get some people to accept some thanks and go out and have some fun? Those are the people who are usually humble enough to downplay their role in successful endeavors. I undertstand the role Keith, Jackie and Aaron have played in the success of the "Creek." This is an incredible site and I am glad to be able to show my appreciation. Some day I hope to be able to show that apprciation in person, but for now, this is my way to say thanks.

Thanks Keith, Jackie and Aaron. Go have some fun!!

We'll enjoy the whole thing immensely along with you.

John

Ken Fitzgerald
11-20-2005, 8:17 PM
Ditto what John Bailey said!

Andy Hoyt
11-20-2005, 11:36 PM
Well John? How'd we do?

Is it gonna be The Ritz or In 'n Out Burger?

Bill Simmeth
11-21-2005, 8:50 AM
Well John? How'd we do?I think John's in line at the liquor store this morning... :D

John Miliunas
11-21-2005, 8:54 AM
I think John's in line at the liquor store this morning... :D

LOL....Nope. At work, as usual!:mad: The liquor store sounds like a whole lot more fun, though!:D

Andy, let's just say there better not be any "Golden Arches" or some fool dressed in a king's outfit anywhere near!!!:D :cool:

John Miliunas
12-07-2005, 9:34 PM
At long last....For those of you wondering what's happening with this, as of late yesterday evening, the party place was finally submitted to yours truly.:D For those of you who sent in checks and looking for them to clear, it will be forthcoming, as I did not want to do any transactions until the establishment was decided upon and will be making the deposit tomorrow morning. I will hopefully have some spare time during the day to make the final arrangements with the establishment and place the whole works in the competent hands of Aaron Koehl!:D Thanks again to ALL the participants and contributors! Proof once again that this it THE premier WW site on the Web today!!!:D :cool:

John Bailey
12-08-2005, 8:51 AM
John,

Why should Keith and Aaron have all the fun. When we find out when they're going to have their shindig, I'm going to invite those in my area to have one here too. We can do it in "The Gang's" honor, drink a toast to them in absentia, and have a wolloping good time. Of course, we could post pictures. If we had a number of these assemblies of woodworkers going on at the same time, it would be quite an event, wouldn't it. Just a thought. I'm in Northern Lower Michigan, anyone interested should PM me.

John

Ken Fitzgerald
12-08-2005, 9:10 AM
John B......interesting idea! My youngest son was an officer in the Navy...He was stationed on an aircraft carrier homeported in Bremerton WA and his wife was finishing her pharmacy doctorate at the University of Florida, Gainesville, FL. They'd had their 1st date at an Olive Gardens restaurant in Pensacola. In honor of their 1st date, they had their wedding reception at the same Olive Garden. So on the eve of their 1st anniversay, at the exact same time coordinated and compensated for time differences between Eastern Daylight Saving Time and Pacific DST....he went to an Olive Garden restaurant in Bremerton/Silverdale, WA carrying a photo of her...she went to an Olive Garden restaurant at Gainesville, FL carrying a photo of him. Later after dinner, after each returned to their current residences, they called each other . So maybe partying locally while the Outtens and Aaron do so to might not be such a bad idea!

Jeff Sudmeier
12-08-2005, 9:46 AM
John B, I would be interested in this!! Lets find out when they are going and we will as well!

Steve Clardy
12-08-2005, 10:18 AM
Thanks for heading this up John!!!!!!

John Hart
12-08-2005, 10:20 AM
Thanks for heading this up John!!!!!!

Yep...You are a mighty fine human. Can't wait to see the pics!!:) :)

John Bailey
12-08-2005, 4:35 PM
Jeff,

Maybe we ought to be talking about an inter-state party. Ought to be able to find a place up in the UP that we could all come to. Could be a SawMill Creek Great Lakes Woodworking Convention. I'm gettin' to like the sound of this.

John

Peter Gavin
12-08-2005, 5:19 PM
John,

Wisconsin would be centrally located for MN, IL and MI. I'm not just being selfish either, even though I come from the Central part of that Centrally located state.

Peter

John Bailey
12-08-2005, 5:23 PM
Peter,

I often go to Chicago, wouldn't be too much for me to get to Wisconsin. Let's see when "The Gang" is going out and see if there are any takers. "The Gang" must think we're crazy!!

John

Andy Hoyt
12-08-2005, 5:26 PM
Peter,

I often go to Chicago, wouldn't be too much for me to get to Wisconsin. Let's see when "The Gang" is going out and see if there are any takers. "The Gang" must think we're crazy!!

John

Oh yes! We do!

John Miliunas
12-08-2005, 7:01 PM
Oh yes! We do!

Yeah, but 'ya see...THAT just makes it so much more amusing!!!:D :cool: