PDA

View Full Version : Resto DE 7S

Steve Clardy
11-13-2005, 4:51 PM
Heres a DE plane thats been in the works for a while. First test drive, I made some Barbie toilet paper rolls.

Body by Hatfield.
Wood by Clardy

Dan Forman
11-14-2005, 2:55 AM
What does the DE stand for? I wish I could see the pics a little larger, they open the same size as the thumbs. The 7's are cool planes, though mine isn't as shiny as yours. Have fun with it.

Dan

Steve Clardy
11-14-2005, 10:18 AM
What does the DE stand for? I wish I could see the pics a little larger, they open the same size as the thumbs. The 7's are cool planes, though mine isn't as shiny as yours. Have fun with it.

Dan

Diamond Edge

John Miliunas
11-14-2005, 11:24 AM
Yup, from what I've seen, that Hatfield guy does some nice work on those planes! :) Congrats.:D BTW, what's he up to nowadays? Don't see much of him 'round these parts. Hope all is OK at his end!:) :cool:

Steve Beadle
11-14-2005, 12:42 PM
A Resto Diamond Edge jointer plane? I haven't heard of that one. Or am I misunderstanding something? Help me! It's Monday!!

Steve

Steve Clardy
11-14-2005, 1:37 PM
Yes.
Diamond Edge. Sold by Shapleigh Hardware Co.
This one is made by Stanley.
Someone told me that Sargent also made them.
Details are sketchy on DE planes. Hard to find, I've been researching them for some time, and haven't got very far.

Paul Erickson
11-14-2005, 2:14 PM
Yes.
Diamond Edge. Sold by Shapleigh Hardware Co.
This one is made by Stanley.
Someone told me that Sargent also made them.
Details are sketchy on DE planes. Hard to find, I've been researching them for some time, and haven't got very far.
Hi Steve,

I would be interested in anything you find out. I have a DE7 also, but not as pretty as yours.

cheers, Paul

Steve Clardy
11-14-2005, 2:24 PM
Hi Steve,

I would be interested in anything you find out. I have a DE7 also, but not as pretty as yours.

cheers, Paul

Ok. I've been trying to run down the manf. date on it. No luck so far.
No dates at all on it. Made in USA. No size casted into it.
Adjuster knob is steel, with a brass over coating. Cap lever hole is straight.
Somewhere around WWII I think, but the cap lever would indicate before WWII. So----
Some kind of off the wall hardwood handles, painted. Not rosewood.

Also have a DE 4 1/2C. Very nice heavy plane. Fabulous rosewood tote.
Knob is junk. Located one in Alaska of all places.
This ones going to clean up nice.:)