PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here familiar with Jamieson Laser Machines ?

Tim Boger
03-17-2018, 7:53 PM
I just found their site and briefly looker over their product line, seems interesting, prices seem quite good as well.

Anyone have experience with these folks?

Thanks,
Tim

Bill George
03-17-2018, 8:24 PM
I just found their site and briefly looker over their product line, seems interesting, prices seem quite good as well.

Anyone have experience with these folks?

Thanks,
Tim

Interesting website, appears to be Chinese made machines from a stocking US vender.

Dave Sheldrake
03-17-2018, 10:46 PM
Interesting website, appears to be Chinese made machines from a stocking US vender.

Yup, they are, quite high prices as well compared to direct imports

Tim Boger
03-18-2018, 7:56 AM
How does a "Stocking US vender" differ from a "Direct Import" does the consumer have an option as to whom they contact regarding sales inquiry?

Thanks,
Tim

Bill George
03-18-2018, 9:01 AM
How does a "Stocking US vender" differ from a "Direct Import" does the consumer have an option as to whom they contact regarding sales inquiry?

Thanks,
Tim

If they are located in US and have machines in stock and parts/support that is worth a lot. But so do the LightObject, and Rabbit Laser USA folks, and I know both are good venders. Direct import, you have shipping, customs and Import fees to pay and if your having issues, the Chinese seem to have problems understanding.

Tim Boger
03-18-2018, 10:34 AM
Thank you for clarifying that, direct import is just asking for trouble.

I'll check out LightObject, and Rabbit Laser USA ... would these be good choices for a new Laser interest to work with?

Thanks,
Tim

Jerome Stanek
03-18-2018, 10:59 AM
Thank you for clarifying that, direct import is just asking for trouble.

I'll check out LightObject, and Rabbit Laser USA ... would these be good choices for a new Laser interest to work with?

Thanks,
Tim

You may also want to check out Automation Technologies. I bought mine from them and had to replace a part under warranty and was only down 1 day. I believe Bill bought a router from them also.

Tim Boger
03-18-2018, 11:40 AM
Thanks Jerome, I'll take a look.

Kev Williams
03-18-2018, 11:52 AM
Jamieson- One day training session at THEIR shop, $750... ouch

Bill George
03-18-2018, 1:11 PM
You may also want to check out Automation Technologies. I bought mine from them and had to replace a part under warranty and was only down 1 day. I believe Bill bought a router from them also.

Yes a very well constructed CNC machine and its working fine, just wish I had more time. I also purchased my first laser from them in 2014 no issues. They are in Chicago USA.