PDA

View Full Version : Life size carving of Alice

Richard Yates
03-14-2018, 11:28 PM
Hi there. I thought I’d post another of the series of carved sculptures in our little village of Chewton, Australia.

This one is of Alice Dennis who was a wonderful lady that meant a lot to our community. I’ve included a Newspaper clipping about Alice and a picture of her.
Alice’s sculpture is located at the entrance of the Chewton community centre. Where she greets everyone with her ever present smile and a wave and carrying her Tupperware containers filled with her famous pavlova!

I truly feel honoured to carve these sculptures that are special to our community and it’s people.

Alice is carved from a single piece of cypress and was all carved with Chainsaws and power tools. It took about a month to carve.

This is the fourth sculpture for Chewton I’ve posted and that is all of them as of now........But....I have just completed the next life size for Chewton and it has a dog with it to boot! The installation and unveiling has’nt happened yet. But I will post it when it’s made it’s debut!

Thanks for looking.
Regards Richard Yates

381443 381444 381445

381447 381448

Art Mann
03-15-2018, 9:44 AM
There is absolutely no question as to who the statue represents. That is just excellent.

Ian Stewart-Koster
03-15-2018, 9:49 AM
Wow- amazing work!

Mel Fulks
03-15-2018, 1:04 PM
Such a great concept beautifully done. The families must be really affected by these reunions.

John K Jordan
03-15-2018, 8:37 PM
Another incredible piece. Every time I see one of your sculptures I want to book travel for carving lessons!

JKJ

Phil Mueller
03-18-2018, 11:14 PM
What a wonderful tribute. Thanks for sharing the article. Can’t wait to see the 4th!

Richard Yates
03-19-2018, 5:59 AM
Thank you very much gentlemen for the kind words.
And you bet John if you can make it over here to this neck of the woods I’d love to do some carvin with you!

Regards Richard

Frederick Skelly
03-19-2018, 6:32 AM
Thanks Richard - another delightful piece of work! I also enjoyed reading the newspaper story.
Each of these sculptures adds character to your community and helps bring everyone together. Another great addition!

Looking forward to the next one.
Fred