PDA

View Full Version : Bandsaw Fence

ken perry
03-12-2018, 7:40 PM
I picked up a Delta 14” months ago and it came with the Delta 24” fence. Re-arranging my shop I’m not liking the footprint the fence guides take up and thinking of going a different route that’s better for resawing.

I haven’t used it for anything that big as I have a TS with 50”+ fence but that’s not to say I wouldn’t if there’s something it works better for. I just can’t think of it... but before I replace it am I missing some features of having that wide of a cut capability on a BS?

Grant Aldridge
03-12-2018, 8:19 PM
Like most things you won't miss it or have a want for it until it's gone...

Randy Heinemann
03-13-2018, 12:52 AM
I use Carter's MagFence. For resawing wider wood, you can install a taller fence using the tracks in the face's fence. It easy to use. Just measure the thickness you want to resaw and lock it in place with its 2 magnets. Since it attaches with magnets, it can be used on any tool with a steel or cast iron table.

ken perry
03-13-2018, 7:03 AM
I use Carter's MagFence. For resawing wider wood, you can install a taller fence using the tracks in the face's fence. It easy to use. Just measure the thickness you want to resaw and lock it in place with its 2 magnets. Since it attaches with magnets, it can be used on any tool with a steel or cast iron table.

That’s the one I was probably gonna go with. Just wondering if I’m missing something that’ll regret if I pull and try to sell the Delta vs cutting it down and it still not doing all that I want.

Ted Phillips
03-15-2018, 10:36 AM

I've had great results with the Carter MagFence over the years. The resaw guide is particularly useful - and I added a separate magnet to this piece so I could use it on its own. A free-floating fence that is not attached to the table gives you all sorts of options for positioning - and all you need is a sliding combination square (or something similar) to square it to any cut in a matter of seconds.

lee cox
03-16-2018, 1:26 AM
I used a Kreg bandsaw fence on my bandsaw. At the time I could not find a drift master fence which was twice as expensive.