PDA

View Full Version : women and woodturning

louis pittman
03-10-2018, 4:34 PM
I read a message about women in wood turning .How can I find this message again?

Thanks
Louis Pittman
llpittman42@yahoo.com

David Bassett
03-10-2018, 4:46 PM
a little more detail would maybe help someone remember the thread you're talking about....

In the meantime, you can use Google, (or I assume other search engines,) to search just this site by adding: "site:sawmillcreek.org" to your search terms. (BTW- without the quotes.)

John Keeton
03-10-2018, 4:59 PM
I don’t recall an SMC thread on women and turning. Perhaps you saw it on AAW as there is a new committee there by that name.

Reed Gray
03-10-2018, 5:47 PM
I think the AAW might have that link. It seems that there is a group that connects at the Symposium every year, which this year is in Portland, OR.

robo hippy

John K Jordan
03-10-2018, 9:12 PM
I read a message about women in wood turning .How can I find this message again?

This exhibition is on display for a few more days:
https://www.tntech.edu/news/releases/exhibition-highlights-work-of-female-woodworkers

JKJ

Ralph Lindberg
03-11-2018, 1:06 PM
WIT is a virtual chapter of the AAW, of which my wife (Ellen) is a member.
Besides having meetings at many symposiums, they have a special event at Arrowmount this Sept that the AAW recently sent a message out about.

Leo Van Der Loo
03-11-2018, 1:27 PM
WHY separate the women from the men ????, at our turning club we had a few women turners and they were part of it, not separate, they did well and often earned the top prizes.

I don’t see a good reason for separate groups, be it men or women, together we can learn from each other, I liked it that we had women in the club, makes it more civilized IMO.

Jens Hoffmann
03-11-2018, 2:59 PM
WHY separate the women from the men ???

I like that you seem to answer your own question:

makes it more civilized

They’re probably content with having it perfectly civilized by having their separate group.

Leo Van Der Loo
03-11-2018, 3:19 PM
It makes the men in the club with the men and women in it acting in a more civilized manner