PDA

View Full Version : The Woodworker – The Charles H. Hayward

Geoff Brooks
03-08-2018, 10:46 AM
I would like to purchase the set of The Woodworker by Charles H. Hayward,. Wondering if anyone has these books that they are willing to part with?

lowell holmes
03-08-2018, 10:58 AM
Amazon does.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_15?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=the+woodworker+the+charles+h.+hayward+yea rs&sprefix=the+woodworker+%2Caps%2C477&crid=Y2302TOMCMR4

David Bassett
03-08-2018, 11:22 AM
Amazon does. ...

I just glanced, but those don't look like much of a deal. Lost Art Press still has them in stock for all less than shown on that summary page....

Geoff Brooks
03-08-2018, 3:00 PM
Thanks for the reply I'm aware that the book can be bought from online stores

Ted Phillips
03-08-2018, 5:19 PM
They are a really great set. I've really enjoyed going through mine - I always have at least one open on my desk. I treat them more like a reference book than a novel - I dip into them a few pages at a time depending on what's going on in the shop.

By purchasing them from Lost Art Press you are supporting an American business who really made a huge investment to bring these to market.

TedP

Tony Zaffuto
03-08-2018, 6:38 PM
I have several vintage Charles Hayward books, plus "The Lost Arts" set of four. I particularly like the set of four, for the size and organization of contents. Pricey? Yes, but well worth it!

Frederick Skelly
03-08-2018, 6:49 PM
Sorry, but I doubt anyone who has them is going to part with them.
May as well go buy them from Lost Arts.
You'll be glad to have them.