PDA

View Full Version : craigs list question

jared herbert
03-06-2018, 10:20 AM
I know a lot of people on here use craigs list so I thought maybe someone could give me some advice. I have used cl several times in the past to sell things. I have never bought anything on it. yesterday I typed in the web address and a message came up "This ip has been automatically blocked. I if you have questions please email, followed by a long email address". I did that last night and havnt heard anything back and I still cant get on the website. Has anyone else had this experience or have advice about what I should do? I have a couple of items I would really like to list and sell. Thanks in advance. Jared

Kevin Lauck
03-06-2018, 2:08 PM
Never seen that before. Did you type the website, or use the suggested “link”. Also, is it a personal computer? Or work?

Kevin

Myk Rian
03-06-2018, 6:44 PM
Are you using a VPN or PIA? The PIA I use stops me from getting to CL.

Patrick Harper
03-07-2018, 8:15 AM
Also, are you trying to access CL from work? I once had an issue accessing CL from my work network for a week or two.

Matt Day
03-07-2018, 8:19 AM
Try a different device - phone, tablet, different computer, etc.

jared herbert
03-07-2018, 9:49 AM
An update on my problem. I am using a pc at home, non-business related. I was attempting to access craigslist via internet explorer and was unable to. I tried using chrome last night and it worked fine, I was able to put my listing up without any problems. I have had a somewhat similar problem trying to get onto my banks website to check my accounts. The explorer doesn't work very well but chrome does. Thanks for the help. jared

Jim Koepke
03-07-2018, 12:48 PM
An update on my problem. I am using a pc at home, non-business related. I was attempting to access craigslist via internet explorer and was unable to. I tried using chrome last night and it worked fine, I was able to put my listing up without any problems. I have had a somewhat similar problem trying to get onto my banks website to check my accounts. The explorer doesn't work very well but chrome does. Thanks for the help. jared

This is my main reason for having three browsers on my machine. It is also interesting to compare how different browsers display a site.

jtk

Matt Day
03-07-2018, 1:13 PM
Sounds like a security setting or something on IE.

Alan Rutherford
03-07-2018, 1:32 PM
You're not the first person to have this problem: https://www.google.com/search?&q=craigslist+blocked+ip

The best non-technical solution seems to be wait it out.

But it makes me nervous when you say it also happened with your bank. If a web browser is trying to keep you from doing something I wouldn't try too hard to do it anyway without knowing what's going on. In the case of Craigslist, if you are sure you were emailing Craigslist it was probably legitimate but you should keep your internet paranoia level high these days.

Chase Mueller
03-29-2018, 1:40 PM

Dump explorer. Chrome does it all better, and I'm 95% sure that Microsoft no longer supports or maintains IE since it switched to Edge (at least I think it's called Edge).

Bert Kemp
03-29-2018, 7:13 PM
I didn't know people still used IE LOL I dumped that many many years ago. Firefox or chrome both work fine for me