PDA

View Full Version : Article #1: Excalibur Sliding Table Review by Keith Outten

Keith Outten
06-26-2003, 11:55 PM
The link below is my review of the 62" Excalibur Sliding Table I purchased in 1999. More than productivity the principal reason for purchasing a slider was safety.

Comments are welcome!

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/articles/1

Perry Schmidt
06-27-2003, 12:52 PM
OK - comment:

The last line:

"Although Excalibur has dramatically improved their sliding tables since we purchased ours if we were interested in purchasing a sliding table today we would consider the Exactor slider over the Excalibur. "

Seems that you are happy w/ the product, no big problems or small ones that couldn't be solved. Then you end w/ this and don't say why??

I'm confused - do you like it or not?? :)

Actually just a weird way to end the review. Some explanation as to why you said this would be nice - something about the Excalibur that you didn't like or things you saw in the Exactor at a later time that you thought would be an improvement over the Excalibur.

Just curious.

thanks,

Perry

Keith Outten
06-27-2003, 3:11 PM
Perry,

Your right, I guess I should explain the last comment. It's not the equipment it's the company. I have found that Excalibur is next too impossible to communicate with via telephone and over the last year their web site seems to have been down most of the time. They never returned my phone call concerning the question I asked them about the parallel fence arrangement although they promised an answer. Several other people who have purchased products from Excalibur have also reported the same problems so it seems they have a very bad track record when it comes to communicating with customers.

OK - comment:

The last line:

"Although Excalibur has dramatically improved their sliding tables since we purchased ours if we were interested in purchasing a sliding table today we would consider the Exactor slider over the Excalibur. "

Seems that you are happy w/ the product, no big problems or small ones that couldn't be solved. Then you end w/ this and don't say why??

Perry

Jim Becker
06-27-2003, 3:16 PM
Perry,

Your right, I guess I should explain the last comment. It's not the equipment it's the company. I have found that Excalibur is next too impossible to communicate with via telephone and...

Unfortunately, the fellow who runs Exactor has a similar reputation based on years of posts that I've observed. Hot and cold in this respect!

Dave Arbuckle
06-27-2003, 3:36 PM
I was about to chime in same as Jim, you obviously haven't dealt with Mister Humphries! ;)

Solution in the case of Excalibur is to work with their dealers, make it their problem to get hold of Sommerville. In my humble opinion, of course.

Dave

Steven Wilson
06-27-2003, 4:53 PM
Or go for a real sliding table table saw; say a MiniMax or Felder

Mike Kelly
11-19-2003, 11:01 AM
Perry,

Your right, I guess I should explain the last comment. It's not the equipment it's the company. I have found that Excalibur is next too impossible to communicate with via telephone and over the last year their web site seems to have been down most of the time. They never returned my phone call concerning the question I asked them about the parallel fence arrangement although they promised an answer. Several other people who have purchased products from Excalibur have also reported the same problems so it seems they have a very bad track record when it comes to communicating with customers.

I had the same frustrating experience with an Excalibur overarm blade guard for my Delta saw. Absolutly no response and no installation instructions for my configuration. Did my own and it is better than they could have accomplished I think. I have a set of pictures if anyone needs them.

Boyd Gathwright
01-27-2004, 10:07 PM
Keith,

Where can I view the Exactor slider :confused:

Boyd

The link below is my review of the 62" Excalibur Sliding Table I purchased in 1999. More than productivity the principal reason for purchasing a slider was safety.

Comments are welcome!

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/articles/1

Mike Kelly
01-28-2004, 10:01 AM
Keith,

Where can I view the Exactor slider :confused:

Boyd

http://www.terryhatfield.com/exaktor.html

Boyd Gathwright
01-28-2004, 11:48 AM
Mike,

If you don't mind, I would like to see that set of pictures. :)

Boyd

I had the same frustrating experience with an Excalibur overarm blade guard for my Delta saw. Absolutly no response and no installation instructions for my configuration. Did my own and it is better than they could have accomplished I think. I have a set of pictures if anyone needs them.

Mike Kelly
01-28-2004, 1:00 PM
Mike,

If you don't mind, I would like to see that set of pictures. :)

Boyd

Boyd, just left click on the link below with your mouse and your browser will take you to Terry's website and 19 pictures of this sliding table. That is a lot easier than me extracting each picture, resizing it and posting here which will eat up more of our memory space. Thanks.

Boyd Gathwright
01-28-2004, 1:27 PM
Thanks Mike,

Will do / have done.

Boyd :)

Boyd, just left click on the link below with your mouse and your browser will take you to Terry's website and 19 pictures of this sliding table. That is a lot easier than me extracting each picture, resizing it and posting here which will eat up more of our memory space. Thanks.