PDA

View Full Version : Blank pages

Dan Forman
11-12-2005, 4:19 PM
Over the last couple of days I'm getting a lot of blank pages again. Just passing this on.

Dan

Doug Shepard
11-12-2005, 4:29 PM
Me too. I have to hit Refresh on about 20% of the pages before anything shows up.

Jim Becker
11-12-2005, 4:58 PM
Ditto. It happened awhile back and then went away...returned a couple days ago. I don't know that it's an issue with SMC, however, rather than something on the net between there are wherever.

Rob Blaustein
11-12-2005, 5:17 PM
I had the same issue and wasn't sure if it was my slightly outdated browser (Netscape 7.1) or my cable modem. So it's probably the server? It's especially scary when you type a response, hit submit, and see a blank screen. Fortunately hitting the back button brings back the typed stuff.

Ken Garlock
11-12-2005, 5:28 PM
I am glad that I am not the only one experiencing the blank page problem. I just had the problem when submitting a response. I had to go back to the update page and hit enter again. This time it worked.

Andy Hoyt
11-13-2005, 12:00 PM
Yup. Me too.

Dumping cookies, caches, et al seems to have no effect on this.

Ken Fitzgerald
11-13-2005, 1:50 PM
Ditto! On both my work and home computers!

Bruce Shiverdecker
11-13-2005, 1:53 PM
Thought I got somethin' bad in my computer. Chacked it out with a total "cleansing" last night. Nothing there! Happening at other sites, too. Must be a "web" thing.

Bruce

Aaron Koehl
11-13-2005, 4:28 PM
I've been experiencing it too, lately. No configuration has changed on the SawmillCreek server, so I'm not sure if it's related to our new service provider. However, I believe it was doing this for a while just before the move, so that throws a kink in the troubleshooting.

Lee DeRaud
11-13-2005, 4:34 PM
I've been experiencing it too, lately. No configuration has changed on the SawmillCreek server, so I'm not sure if it's related to our new service provider. However, I believe it was doing this for a while just before the move, so that throws a kink in the troubleshooting.As I recall the chronology, it started before the move but after the vBulletin upgrade, right?

Curt Harms
11-13-2005, 6:25 PM
As I recall the chronology, it started before the move but after the vBulletin upgrade, right?

I believe Lee has the chronology right. I'm using FireFox, and see a blank page perhaps 5% of the time or so. I don't see it with other forums.

Curt

Michael Cody
11-13-2005, 9:57 PM
I get that on occasion, often though I can't get photos to load. I traced most of this to the most recent upgrade of ZoneLabs firewall. The photos in particular. You also might clean our your temp files. I use FireFox 1.07.

Aaron Koehl
11-14-2005, 11:29 AM
I believe Lee has the chronology right. I'm using FireFox, and see a blank page perhaps 5% of the time or so. I don't see it with other forums.

Curt
The upgrade happened after the move..