PDA

View Full Version : Super Gloat on the Way

Tyler Howell
11-12-2005, 2:17 PM
http://www.wmhtoolgroup.com/product_images/images/649003K.jpg
I've been waiting for the right moment and today was the day.
Local Rockler had a 10% sale off everything.
Had a $100.00 gift card burning a hole in my pocket from Rockler for a focus group I participated in.
WMN is give a 100.00 cash rebate for buying now.
You do the math.
Should be here in two weeks.:D :D :D

Jim Becker
11-12-2005, 2:19 PM
'Love mine, Tyler!!! I suspect you'll love yours, too... Congrats!

Tyler Howell
11-12-2005, 2:24 PM
'Love mine, Tyler!!! I suspect you'll love yours, too... Congrats!
After your review and project Jim, I passed on the stand and am assembling parts now for a roller cabinet.
Thanks;)

Chris Barton
11-12-2005, 2:26 PM
Hey Tyler,

I too have a 22-44 and just like Jim says, you'er gonna love it! Congrats!

David Wilson
11-12-2005, 2:34 PM
Nice gloat Tyler

John Miliunas
11-12-2005, 2:50 PM
Congrats, bud!!! Mine is a different flavor and a bit smaller, but very useful, to say the least! :) Enjoy! We'll be looking forward to the genuine gloat pics and stand!!!:D :cool:

Todd Franks
11-12-2005, 3:07 PM
Sweet deal!! I have the smaller version. It comes in real handy on those "troublesome" woods. I'm sure you'll love it.

-Todd

lloyd morris
11-12-2005, 3:30 PM
Tyler,

Great Score on a very nice tool!

Lloyd Morris

Doug Shepard
11-12-2005, 3:42 PM
I've got it's little brother. I'm sure if you really get one, that you'll like it. As Commisioner of Picture Police, you of all people should know that a pic of it anywhere else but in your shop proves nothing.:D

lou sansone
11-12-2005, 4:28 PM
hi tyler
great tool.. I believe you will find a lot of new possibilities opening up to you with this machine. figured woods really do not present any problem with them.

best wishes
lou

Ted Shrader
11-12-2005, 5:29 PM
Tyler -

Congratulations on your new acquisition. After you have had a chance to play with it for a while, could you write a review to accompany Jim's. Any usage hints and tips, etc.

One of those is high on my list, too.

Ted

Paul Canaris
11-12-2005, 6:14 PM
Congrats Tyler, I have found mine to be a very usefull addition in the four years I have had one.

Bob Oehler
11-12-2005, 6:38 PM
Hi Taylor:

Since no one else has offered after you finish the review I can take that metal off your hands so it will not be in your way in the shop ;)
Enjoy your new toy and IMHO money well spent. Now get your self some realy squirlly black walnut crotchwood and go wild

Nice Glote

Take care
Bob Oehler

Tyler Howell
11-12-2005, 6:41 PM
Thanks guys, will give it a run for the money when it gets here.

Good to see you again Ted. It's been a while.

Doug, I wouldn't dare step out in the line of fire with out some form of picture. More to come when it's in place.

Lou, I've read with interest your many reviews and assesments on equipment. I just couldn't justify anything bigger for my hobby shop. Thanks for the tours and keep them coming.

David LaRue
11-12-2005, 6:50 PM
Tyler.

Way to go! What are you planning on making? Sure wish I had the room for something like that.. Don't forget .. pictures :cool:

Cecil Arnold
11-12-2005, 7:10 PM
Great score Tyler, I like the little brother when used within its limitations.

Corey Hallagan
11-12-2005, 7:29 PM
Congrats Tyler on the new equipment!

Corey

skip gleichman
11-13-2005, 8:34 AM
Hey Tyler,

Nice purchase, when I got mine I could not believe the time it saved me. I am sure you have read the posts regarding the 22-44///

Mine was close, but not perfectly aligned out of the box. It is easy to adjust though, I used two 1'x2"x1" pices of thicknessed hardwood to get it just right. And also, you have to get used to making sure you take light passes...

Other than that, this machine is great and will save all kinds of time. If you ever do mission style furniture or any thing that has multiple small pieces, you will wonder how you ever did it before... nice tool gloat!

Thomas Prondzinski
11-13-2005, 9:23 AM
Congrats Tyler your going to like that one,now the waiting game,same game I'm playing with Rocklers.Enjoy

Tom

Tyler Howell
11-14-2005, 8:48 PM
It's here !!
Rockler picked up one from one of their other stores.:D
Nowwwwww! Which of my very good friends....still talking to me...... will help me move it into the (my) shop:confused:

John Miliunas
11-14-2005, 9:53 PM
It's here !!
Nowwwwww! Which of my very good friends....still talking to me...... will help me move it into the (my) shop:confused:

Well Tyler, old buddy, I'd be more than happy to help, were not located so dern fer away!!!:( BUT, congrats anyway!!!:) :cool:

Andy Hoyt
11-14-2005, 10:00 PM
Hey Tyler. I'll just scan myself, run winzip, and send the file to you.

But only if you too have winzip:D

Dan Forman
11-14-2005, 10:03 PM
Tyler---Looks like you had some good luck in the waiting dept. I'd lend a hand, but my private jet is in for service this week. :D Have fun with the new toyl.

Dan

Mark Stutz
11-14-2005, 10:24 PM
Yuo're going to really enjoy having this. Perfect for that shopmade veneer! But where in the world are you going to put it!:D :eek: ;)

Bruce Page
11-14-2005, 10:41 PM
It's here !!
Tyler, I'd be there 'cept I lent my Lear to Kurt Busch (he lost his ride) :p
inside joke...

BTW, gloats without pics are a violation of the TOS, you of all people should know that!

Chad Pater
11-15-2005, 11:18 AM
It's here !!

Hmmm the wife was talking about a day or two in the cities this week end...Will you have it in by then??

Tyler Howell
11-15-2005, 11:34 AM
Hey Chad,
I'm good to go but I would always love to meet another Creeker. I think I still have your goody bag from last years WW Show;)
PM me Maybe we can hook up.

I was just thinking of sending my personal Jet around to pick you all up for a little get together. :rolleyes: I'll start working on the details.

Thanks for the offer

Jim Becker
11-15-2005, 11:39 AM
Which of my very good friends....still talking to me...... will help me move it into the (my) shop

Very good point...it's VERY heavy and awkward...too much for one person to dead-lift safely, IMHO. That said, I did handle mine alone, but it went from my tailgate to my router table to the stand I built for it without having to be lifted. (Did the Stubby the same way...)

Congrats on your new sander!

John Miliunas
11-15-2005, 11:44 AM
Very good point...it's VERY heavy and awkward...too much for one person to dead-lift safely, IMHO. That said, I did handle mine alone, but it went from my tailgate to my router table to the stand I built for it without having to be lifted. (Did the Stubby the same way...)

Congrats on your new sander!

Yeah...But, if I'm not mistaken, Tyler's is going to his basement shop?!:D Not too sure he wants to park his pickup at floor-level there!:D :cool:

Tyler Howell
11-15-2005, 12:01 PM
I had a couple buddies take a look at the PM 66 and said "loose my number" another advised if that thing got loose "bodies would be nothing more than stair lubricant".
For the last two majors, I have a reasonable moving company that works by the hour.
With all of my peeps getting old, bad knees and backs that is the safest way to go.:o