PDA

View Full Version : My Channel Trailer

Mike Baker 2
03-03-2018, 5:57 PM
Hello, gentlemen!
I thought I would post my Youtube channel trailer, since I am posting videos on this site. It explains the purpose of my videos, and emphasizes my amateur status, and hopefully will help you to understand where I'm coming from should you watch my videos.
Feel free NOT to, btw. Most of the people here are far advanced of me, and I don't blame you if I have nothing of interest to you.
But if you want to see a newbie stumble his way up the ladder of wood working success, and try to bring a few more along with him, welcome!

https://youtu.be/2IS797Xlu2M

Jim Koepke
03-03-2018, 8:07 PM
But if you want to see a newbie stumble his way up the ladder of wood working success, and try to bring a few more along with him, welcome!

Good for you Mike. My videos are nothing to brag about either, one of my favorites is still of my wife and the jumping chickens.

Don't let any of the detractors get to you. Most people are civil, but it seems there is always one or two that will comment about how you shouldn't be wasting bandwidth. You can likely guess how this knowledge came to me. It is everyone's bandwidth and if they do not like it, no one is making them watch.

jtk

Mike Baker 2
03-03-2018, 8:43 PM
Thanks, Jim. Much appreciated.

Brian Hale
03-03-2018, 9:22 PM
Can you post a link to your channel?

Or the channel Name

Brian :)

Mike Baker 2
03-03-2018, 10:14 PM
Sure. The name is Hand Tool Wood Guy, and you can find it here.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1MItleSx-SFHutPVjfCzA

Derek Cohen
03-04-2018, 4:10 AM
Mike, a suggestion ...

Older hands may not be interested in the bumblings of a newbie. On the other hand, if you care to say what you are having difficulty with, and offer the time point on the video, then I (for one) would have a look, and come back with some observations that may help. Bumbling along otherwise is not helpful even for other newbies, perhaps hazardous if something is taking place that should not be emulated.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Mike Baker 2
03-04-2018, 8:53 AM
That is just a comedic figure of speech. Even with good instruction, we all stumble along until we internalize what that instructor is trying to teach us;we learn a lot through mistakes made. I would call that stumbling. MHO.
If I were to have difficulty, I would certainly come here for advice and instruction.
As far as hazardous things taking place that should not be emulated, you can find plenty of that in the videos and blogs of those who are supposed to be way more advanced than I. The "Pros" aren't exempt from that.
But I make it clear that I'm not a "pro", far from it, and not teaching technique or anything of the kind. My purpose is just to encourage beginners to jump in. If they can see that it can be done, maybe they'll give it a try.
That is what a Vlog is.

Thanks, Derek!

steven c newman
03-04-2018, 9:06 AM
I can just imagine the reactions to a video taken in the Dungeon Shop......I have enough trouble staying "focused" on the work....someone else would have to do the "play-by-play.....

Keep up the good work!

Mike Baker 2
03-04-2018, 9:12 AM
Thanks, Stephen. It does take a bit of effort to film even my poorly lit, poorly filmed stuff.
But you shoot pictures. I have done that with several guitar builds. That takes a bit to do as well. But I love them.
Everyone here who takes the time to share, offer help, etc.,is very much appreciated by me.

Stanley Powers
04-03-2018, 3:25 PM
Hello, gentlemen!
I thought I would post my Youtube channel trailer, since I am posting videos on this site. It explains the purpose of my videos, and emphasizes my amateur status, and hopefully will help you to understand where I'm coming from should you watch my videos.
Feel free NOT to, btw. Most of the people here are far advanced of me, and I don't blame you if I have nothing of interest to you.

https://youtu.be/2IS797Xlu2M

Welcome! I remember when I was where you're at. Although there are days when it seems I haven't progressed much!

Mike Baker 2
04-03-2018, 3:33 PM
Welcome! I remember when I was where you're at. Although there are days when it seems I haven't progressed much!

Thank you kindly, Stanley.

Todd Stock
04-03-2018, 5:26 PM
Pure awesomeness...very enjoyable!

Mike Baker 2
04-03-2018, 6:47 PM
Thanks, Todd!