PDA

View Full Version : New Guy Starting Point

Chase Mueller
03-02-2018, 3:26 PM
Hey everyone, a little bit of info about me:
I work production for a pipe and drape company etching custom logos on our products, which is literally all anodized aluminum pipe. I'm the sole operator of this machine, and one of only two people here who "understand it". I started in June 2k17, and we got the Epilog M2 Fusion about a month after I started. (Was actually hired specifically for this)
Since starting, I've, of course, had to deal with a huge learning curve. Thankfully, I discovered all you incredibly wonderful people. This forum has helped me solve many obstacles without even needing to be a member, or bug Epilog support for (again lol), and helped me become more knowledgable about my machine. So thank you all, I look forward to learning more and more about this trade, and hope to soon be able to help others.

Terry Starch
03-02-2018, 5:59 PM
Welcome to the fun place.

Gary Hair
03-02-2018, 11:22 PM
Where in Georgia are you Chase? I live in Flowery Branch and have an office in Suwanee.

Mike Null
03-03-2018, 7:59 AM
Chase
Welcome to SMC.

Bert Kemp
03-03-2018, 1:15 PM
If the knowledge and advice you received here were of any value to you , you might consider becoming a contributor.:)

Chase Mueller
03-05-2018, 8:16 AM
Wow small world Gary! I live in Cumming but work in Suwanee.
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
And yes Bert, I plan on becoming a contributor here soon.

Paul Phillips
03-05-2018, 9:47 AM
Welcome Chase, we have a great group here and so much knowledge. When I joined back in '08 I took the time to read through every post on here, that was my education. I have a feeling there may be a few more posts to read than there were in '08 though! Lol! Just do some searches and you should find what you need most of the time.

Chase Mueller
03-05-2018, 10:17 AM
Welcome Chase, we have a great group here and so much knowledge. When I joined back in '08 I took the time to read through every post on here, that was my education. I have a feeling there may be a few more posts to read than there were in '08 though! Lol! Just do some searches and you should find what you need most of the time.
I've found that to be an incredibly accurate statement. Proud to say I have scrolled through every page here!