PDA

View Full Version : Harbor Freight Stapler?

Mark Duksta
11-12-2005, 1:21 PM
Hello all,

Do any of you own a Harbor Freight 1/4" crown air stapler? It's right here:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=40073

What do you think of it?

Mark

tod evans
11-12-2005, 1:36 PM
you get what you pay for. tod

Jim O'Dell
11-12-2005, 1:50 PM
Hi Tod. I have one. It's ok, not as good as the 19.95 brad gun, but it does work, at least about half the time. Seems mine skips about every other shot. Part of that could be the staples, though. I bought the Porter Cable staples at HD. HF didn't have any in stock when I got my stapler. Jim.

Robert E Lee
11-12-2005, 1:52 PM
Mark, HF has a 30 day refund or replacement. Try it if you don't like it sent it back. I have 2 of there 19.95 18 brad nailers that never miss a lick.
Bob

George Summers
11-12-2005, 2:02 PM
I have had one for about a year, not a whole lot of use. It has done the job whenever I pull it out. The safety tip (the one that presses down when you put it in place) is a little wobbly but I just make sure that it is the right place when I fire.

George

Larry Craft
11-12-2005, 8:15 PM
I've had their 18 gauge nailer for some time, works every time. No problems. They also have a very liberal return policy if the tool is not to your liking.

Anthony Anderson
11-12-2005, 8:28 PM
I bought the same HF stapler thinking that it would be okay for occasional use. But it started skip firing; missing on every other shot. I thought I would just keep it, and put up with the misfires, but it just got too annoying. I went to menards and bought the Bostitch version of this staple gun for $78 on sale, and have not regretted spending the extra money. The HF is hanging in the garage; haven't used it since. BTW I mail ordered mine, and there is not a HF store nearby, so the return would have been more trouble than the gun was worth. So the moral: Save yourself the time, hassle and headaches, and learn from my mistake (I usually don't), and just buy a good stapler, and you won't look back. I am very happy with my Bostitch, never misses a beat. By the way, once you get one you will find all kinds of uses for it. Hope this helps, Bill

Ray Moser
11-13-2005, 7:09 AM
I have the HF brad nailer/stapler combo. I already had a PC brad nailer so I've never used the HF as a nailer but have run many hundred staples thru it with no problem. I helped a friend recarpet the bunks on his boat trailer and this summer I made and recarpeted new bunks for my trailer that hauls a 25' cruiser. I may have had a jam or two but they were easy to clear. I got it on sale for less than $20. So far it has been money well spent.