PDA

View Full Version : Video Drivers

ingrid carley
02-28-2018, 6:13 AM
I recently updated my video drivers and discovered that a lot of my other drivers were out of date. Do I really need to keep them updated all the time? Will I notice any improvements in speed or features if I have the latest versions?

Grant Wilkinson
02-28-2018, 9:40 AM
I keep mine up to date generally, but I would suggest that if everything on your PC is working OK, leave well enough alone.

If you do decide to update drivers, go to the hardware maker's website and get the newest drivers for your hardware. Don't use the ones included in Windows update.

Myk Rian
02-28-2018, 9:26 PM
I update drivers only if there is a reason to. I never install the automatic driver download programs.

Chuck Wintle
03-01-2018, 7:40 AM
I recently updated my video drivers and discovered that a lot of my other drivers were out of date. Do I really need to keep them updated all the time? Will I notice any improvements in speed or features if I have the latest versions?
As a general rule for myself if the computer functions well and gives no issues then updating the video drivers or any other driver is probably not necessary. As was mentioned already avoid programs that will do this update for you.