PDA

View Full Version : More praise for Lee Valley

Frederick Skelly
02-27-2018, 8:00 PM
3 years ago, I bought a really nice LED light for the shop. Link (http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.aspx?p=71189&cat=1,70596,43349,71189).

A couple weeks ago it failed and despite several attempts to revive it, I couldn't. Now I LOVE this light. It does exactly what I need and I use it all the time. So I called LV hoping to buy a replacement part. I was prepared to buy a whole new light if they didnt have any way to do that.

To my surprise, they decided to send me a whole new light - gratis. He only asked me to ship the old one back with a label he was including with the new light.

A small thing. But yet another reason that LV is my favorite tool supplier.

Fred

Jim Becker
02-27-2018, 8:08 PM
Yea, they are a class act 100% through.

Gene Takae
02-27-2018, 11:58 PM
Wow-that's awesome customer service! For future reference, dirty battery contacts are often the culprit. A light cleaning with fine sandpaper might revive the light.

Frederick Skelly
02-28-2018, 6:28 AM
Wow-that's awesome customer service! For future reference, dirty battery contacts are often the culprit. A light cleaning with fine sandpaper might revive the light.

Thanks Gene! Yah, that's one of the things I tried. But no luck at all this time. :(

glenn bradley
02-28-2018, 6:42 AM
I am a fan. I even buy things from LV that I can get elsewhere just because of the customer service.

Jim Becker
02-28-2018, 8:48 AM
I am a fan. I even buy things from LV that I can get elsewhere just because of the customer service.
Same here...

Dick Mahany
02-28-2018, 9:11 AM
They've been my favorite for many years..........Only one problem, they recently established a new distribution center much closer to CA and shipping is usually only 2 days now.......that's a problem for my wallet.:cool:

Barry McFadden
02-28-2018, 9:21 AM
I like how they send a prepaid return label with every order so if there is a problem it's no hassle to get it back to them...

Nick Decker
02-28-2018, 9:33 AM

Yup. Lots of companies should take a lesson here.

William Adams
02-28-2018, 10:02 AM
Moreover, it's a company I feel good about spending money with, since I know that it goes to support a firm which pays its workers fairly and equitably.

I wish more companies were as up-front, and ethical about this --- if you haven't read this article, it's a well worth it:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/time-to-lead/how-one-company-levels-the-pay-slope-of-executives-and-workers/article15472738/

(and I'm fortunate to work for a family-owned business which has similar ethics/attitudes on compensation)

Frederick Skelly
02-28-2018, 1:39 PM
Moreover, it's a company I feel good about spending money with, since I know that it goes to support a firm which pays its workers fairly and equitably.

I wish more companies were as up-front, and ethical about this --- if you haven't read this article, it's a well worth it:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/time-to-lead/how-one-company-levels-the-pay-slope-of-executives-and-workers/article15472738/

(and I'm fortunate to work for a family-owned business which has similar ethics/attitudes on compensation)

What a great article! Thanks for posting it William.

Fred