PDA

View Full Version : worried with router bit world

Les Spencer
11-11-2005, 7:21 PM
Update: They did ship on Saturday and I received bits on Monday. Just wish they had communicated better.

Has anyone bought anything from Router Bit World this week? :confused: I ordered a CMT bit set and got an email saying it was out of stock but should ship Wednesday. They didn't say what Wednesday. I tried to call on Wednesday evening and got a answering machine that said it was full and wouldn't let me record a message. I tried again tonight and the phone rang once and then nothing. Happened three times. Not sure what's going on but it has me worried because they already posted the $115 to my credit card.:( I hope someone can reassure me I'm got being ripped off.

Steve Clardy
11-11-2005, 7:24 PM
Got a order couple weeks ago. Speedy service. All was well then.

Corey Hallagan
11-11-2005, 7:31 PM
I have purchased twice in the last 2 months as well. Item arrived within 1 week both times. This probably don't help you right now. I would give it until monday and try to contact them again. They may have been having problems with phone lines etc.

Corey

Les Spencer
11-11-2005, 7:36 PM
If you ordered over the internet, did they update your ship date?

Corey Hallagan
11-11-2005, 7:41 PM
I ordered online both times. I think I got an original email confirming the sale and then the item just showed up a week later ... both time Les. If it is an out of stock item, I don't know that procedure. I hate it when stores don't show out of stock items in the catalog, most likely you wouldn't order it then. They have a pretty good reputation, I would try to call Monday, if you dont get a response to the phone monday, then I would get a little nervous.
Corey

Jim VanBramer
11-11-2005, 10:06 PM
Les,

Don't know if you ever frequent the 'Woodnet' forum or not, but Jeffrey from Routerbit World posts over there all the time. His member name is "jwnacnud". You might try getting ahold of him over there.

Good luck.

Jim V

Jim Hill
11-11-2005, 11:01 PM
I've ordered from them several times, without any real problem. That said, the last time I ordered (over the phone), the bit I needed was out of stock and was told it should be back in stock, and ship in 2 days. I think they must have received the order later than expected because I received it about a week later than I thought I should have. Even so, I would order from them again.

Jim

Rick Shelton
11-12-2005, 7:43 AM
I'm sure everything is fine, just bad business practice.

Worst case, if you charged it to a credit card, contest the charge and don't pay that amount until you have received the goods. About the only thing I like about credit cards.

Les Spencer
11-12-2005, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I was able to finally get someone on the phone. They are shipping today. Imagine that. ;) Like was mentioned, just bad business practice.:(

Christopher Pine
11-12-2005, 2:02 PM
I'm sure everything is fine, just bad business practice.

Worst case, if you charged it to a credit card, contest the charge and don't pay that amount until you have received the goods. About the only thing I like about credit cards.

I agree why would they post his card if it was out of stock!!