PDA

View Full Version : Raptor Tool Set-Up Jig...

John Grace
02-20-2018, 4:09 PM
Does anyone know if there is a Raptor-like set-up jig to set a grinding table to 20 degrees in order to form a 40 degree included angle on a skew? thanks...John

David Delo
02-20-2018, 4:55 PM
Woodworkers Emporium has the Stuart Batty angle gauges. Think it's the #1 gauge that has a 20 degree increment.

John Grace
02-21-2018, 9:26 AM
David...Thank you for the reply. I've just looked at the Batty gauges and they certainly look like premium gauges, I'm partial to my milled aluminum tools. But I've also just found Ron Brown's Best web page and it looks like he has a heavy plastic gauge that will meet all my needs for $20. If you've not seen it before I recommend you check it out. I submitted a question to him about his set-up blocks working on my Vari-Grind 2 jig and he responded in the affirmative in less than two hours...even offerred to send them to me for 'free' to demo and that I can pay later if I liked them. Can't beat that kind of customer service...

JohnC Lucas
02-22-2018, 1:06 PM
I wouldnt worry about getting the exacmt angle. Its simply not that critical. You can buy a metal angle gauge at Lowes really inexpensive. Grind your skew, check it and grind again. Then make yourself a set up gauge out of 1/4" plywood to.set your grinder table.

Peter Blair
02-22-2018, 2:08 PM
Why don't you just add one of Robo's rests?