PDA

View Full Version : Problem engraving.

mariano peņa ascanio
02-18-2018, 3:01 PM
Hello,

I have bought a new machine and it is already installed, but I have a problem when engraving. When engraving in two directions the image comes out doubled and when engraving in one direction it looks like the light (http://www.acehardware.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=light) does not burn the material equally.

I put pictures to see if someone can help me.

This is engraving two direcctions or X_swing

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=387086&stc=1

This is engraving one direcctions or X_unilateralism

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=387088&stc=1

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=387090&stc=1

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=387092&stc=1

Thank you very much.

Ian Stewart-Koster
02-19-2018, 12:34 AM
That looks like terrible backlash.
There is a setting in many controllers, where you can edit it and type in the amount of offset, (in millimetres) and it'll correct it for the return pass.
As well as backlash/offset, it looks like you're getting a faint or light start, and a deeper engrave as it moves along.
I'd try and reduce the power quite a bit.

Bert Kemp
02-19-2018, 10:27 AM
are there pictures here??? I see none

Kev Williams
02-19-2018, 12:10 PM
There were pics yesterday, and while it did look like bad backlash, I'm pretty sure it's not- reason, there's 1/2 the backlash still present in the unilateral-one direction- engraving; because it's engraving only in one direction, backlash won't be present. Unilateral engraves left to right, and the bad edge was the right, trailing edge. The leading edges were all pretty good. So, when the laser is shutting down, it's doing something not right at all, as if the power spikes just before shutdown. Not sure what to make of it. Could be a controller issue, or some accel/decel settings could be WAY off...

Any chance of getting the pics back Mariano?

Bert Kemp
02-19-2018, 1:11 PM
Not sure maybe Mod removed pic's. Do you have to be a contributor to post Pic's????

There were pics yesterday, and while it did look like bad backlash, I'm pretty sure it's not- reason, there's 1/2 the backlash still present in the unilateral-one direction- engraving; because it's engraving only in one direction, backlash won't be present. Unilateral engraves left to right, and the bad edge was the right, trailing edge. The leading edges were all pretty good. So, when the laser is shutting down, it's doing something not right at all, as if the power spikes just before shutdown. Not sure what to make of it. Could be a controller issue, or some accel/decel settings could be WAY off...

Any chance of getting the pics back Mariano?

Bert Kemp
02-19-2018, 1:13 PM
]Not sure maybe Mod removed pic's. Do you have to be a contributor to post pics also what machine R U using ????[/QUOTE]

Mike Null
02-19-2018, 3:51 PM
Bert
Members can post pictures. There is no notation that says anybody deleted the pictures so I don't have a clue as to what happened to them.

mariano peņa ascanio
02-19-2018, 5:31 PM
Hello,

I do see the pictures, but upload them again.

This is engraving two direcctions or X_swing

the model of controler is: RDV6442

Thank you very much for your help,
Mariano

Bill George
02-19-2018, 5:55 PM
What brand of machine, model and where did you purchase? The engraving looks pretty bad.

Kev Williams
02-20-2018, 1:56 AM

this pic is what I was referring to, it's like the power is doing a quick double-spike just before shutting down at the trailing edge...

Question, what percentage power did these run at? If at or near 100%, you could be overdriving the tube, and that might be causing the effect...

mariano peņa ascanio
02-20-2018, 8:19 AM
this pic is what I was referring to, it's like the power is doing a quick double-spike just before shutting down at the trailing edge...

Question, what percentage power did these run at? If at or near 100%, you could be overdriving the tube, and that might be causing the effect...

Hello,

I'm running at 30% power

Bert Kemp
02-20-2018, 10:20 PM
It really would help if we knew which machine , size. power and model

mariano peņa ascanio
02-21-2018, 9:14 AM
It really would help if we knew which machine , size. power and model

Hello,

Size is 120 cm x 150 cm, laser tube is 130w, Model is RDV6442.

thank you very much

Mariano

Kev Williams
02-21-2018, 1:14 PM
130 watts-- do you have a mA meter on that thing? I'll assume you do...

I believe 30-ish mA is about upper limit for a 130w tube-

set your machine to run a vector pass at full power... set your speed at 100 and your power at 65%.

Watch the mA meter- if it's running above 30mA, then lower the power in 5% increments till it's no more than 30mA...

Likewise, if it's below 30mA, raise the power until you reach 30...

Whatever the entered power percentage is, THAT is your "100%" power setting.

Example, my 80w Triumph hits a solid 26mA at 70% power, so 70% entered = the machine's 100%, 35% = 50%, etc.

If your outputs are similar, then the 30% power you set would be around 60 watts actual output, which may be a bit high?
Actual output is good to know so you don't overdrive the tube - you CAN go beyond, but tube life will be shortened...

Try running the same thing at 15% power and see what happens..

Bill George
02-21-2018, 2:29 PM
Hello,

Size is 120 cm x 150 cm, laser tube is 130w, Model is RDV6442.

thank you very much

Mariano

Machine make and model number that is the controller PN. Where are you setting the power in the software or is that a mA meter reading = 30?

mariano peņa ascanio
02-22-2018, 9:53 AM
130 watts-- do you have a mA meter on that thing? I'll assume you do...

I believe 30-ish mA is about upper limit for a 130w tube-

set your machine to run a vector pass at full power... set your speed at 100 and your power at 65%.

Watch the mA meter- if it's running above 30mA, then lower the power in 5% increments till it's no more than 30mA...

Likewise, if it's below 30mA, raise the power until you reach 30...

Whatever the entered power percentage is, THAT is your "100%" power setting.

Example, my 80w Triumph hits a solid 26mA at 70% power, so 70% entered = the machine's 100%, 35% = 50%, etc.

If your outputs are similar, then the 30% power you set would be around 60 watts actual output, which may be a bit high?
Actual output is good to know so you don't overdrive the tube - you CAN go beyond, but tube life will be shortened...

Try running the same thing at 15% power and see what happens..

Hello,

I have performed the tests and with 78% power 30 mA.

Thanks for this recommendation, it's helpful.

But the problem continues, tonight I have an engineer from the Chinese factory and I have to do tests to find a problem.

When you have it solved, I will notify you.
If someone else has any ideas, it would be very helpful.