PDA

View Full Version : Small Box made with the Jointech Cabinetmaker

Gene Collison
11-11-2005, 4:32 PM
Attached are a couple pictures of a small box I made using the Jointech Cabinetmaker system. The box is 8" X 6" and is made from Bocote and Yellowheart bandsawed and planed to about 5/16" thick. The top is bookmatched and has a rabbit cut on the bottom to position it on the box. The finish is Tried and True original. The dovetails are 5/16" all made on a router table. For those of you not familiar with the Jointech, it is an incremental fence used in conjunction with a router table for making cuts with extreme accuracy.

Gene

Dick Parr
11-11-2005, 6:14 PM
WOW Gene, it doesn't get any better then that. Very nice job.

Dennis McDonaugh
11-11-2005, 6:22 PM
Excellent work.

Bernie Weishapl
11-11-2005, 6:34 PM
That is awesome Gene. Beautiful work.

John Miliunas
11-11-2005, 7:24 PM
Well, no wonder I haven't heard from you recently! Busy boy!!!:D Nice job on the box, Gene. Love the contrast and man, are those DT's tight!!!:) So, you gonna' sell off the Akeda now???:eek: Anyhow, lookin' good and real glad to see you got the bugs worked out of that JT! Obviously, it looks like it's working quite well!:) :cool:

Corey Hallagan
11-11-2005, 7:34 PM
Cool wood choice, they work well together ( making mental note ) and the dovetails look excellent. Great looking box Gene!

Corey

Gene Collison
11-11-2005, 10:42 PM
As always, thanks for the nice comments guys.

Gene

Vaughn McMillan
11-11-2005, 10:57 PM
Wow Gene, that's beautiful. I like the wood combination, and the bocote knob on the top of the box is well-hidden in the picture. Also, as John said, those are some tight joints. You've motivated me to try some joinery with the old Incra jig I got a while back. I've got the templates and book and the video...I just need to actually try some of the stuff.

Thanks for posting, and I'll be looking forward to seeing more.

- Vaughn

Gene Collison
11-12-2005, 11:26 AM
Wow Gene, that's beautiful. I like the wood combination, and the bocote knob on the top of the box is well-hidden in the picture. Also, as John said, those are some tight joints. You've motivated me to try some joinery with the old Incra jig I got a while back. I've got the templates and book and the video...I just need to actually try some of the stuff.

Thanks for posting, and I'll be looking forward to seeing more.

- Vaughn

Vaughn,

It's certainly worthwhile taking the time to use it. Somewhat challenging but well worth it. Thanks for your comments. I am by no means an expert with mine but if you need any help holler.

Gene

Gene Collison
11-12-2005, 11:29 AM
Well, no wonder I haven't heard from you recently! Busy boy!!!:D Nice job on the box, Gene. Love the contrast and man, are those DT's tight!!!:) So, you gonna' sell off the Akeda now???:eek: Anyhow, lookin' good and real glad to see you got the bugs worked out of that JT! Obviously, it looks like it's working quite well!:) :cool:

John,

The Akeda stays, yes the bugs (me) are out of it. It has turned out to be a very creative tool.

Gene