PDA

View Full Version : OT?: Ebay how to eliminate "free pickup only" items in search

Bill Dufour
02-18-2018, 12:18 PM
Off Topic a little. I want to buy a 2-3 hp motor to run my chipper/shredder. I see them on ebay for around $100-150. Nothing within 250 miles worth buying. I do understand why many people do not want to try to ship them. i do not blame them, just ebays dumb search function that does not allow me to eliminate those who will not ship.
The problem is 75% or more are "pickup only" and they will not ship. I can not find any way to search only for those items that will ship. Goggling shows this is a common problem and no one seems to know an answer. Heck people selling cars and trucks will even ship but they do not have to figure out how to pack a car and build a crate for it.

Bill D

Dimitrios Fradelakis
02-18-2018, 4:13 PM
If you click on the advanced option that's to the right of the search button it will take you to a new page. Once there, scroll down till you see shipping options in bold. Underneath the shipping options section check the box for free shipping. Afer you do that scroll back up and type in the search bar that's directly underneath the enter keywords or item number option. Granted it will only show you items with free shipping but at least it will weed out the pickup only auctions.

Jim Koepke
02-18-2018, 5:43 PM
There is also the list sort that may have to be done each time you check a list:

It will put items close to you at the top of the list. As soon as you find one too far away, you are done looking.

jtk

Bill Orbine
02-19-2018, 8:17 AM
You see something you like.....contact the seller and see if you can arrange something.

Chris Damm
02-19-2018, 8:42 AM
A 2-3HP motor won't do much chipping. Mine has 8HP and is very limited to what it will do.