PDA

View Full Version : Bucket Head Vacuum

Tim M Tuttle
02-16-2018, 3:52 PM
Anyone use one of these? https://www.homedepot.com/p/Bucket-Head-5-gal-1-75-Peak-HP-Wet-Dry-Vac-BH0100/202017218

I am thinking of buying one of these to mount on the wall next to my drill press. My DC is usually on the other side of the shop and I end up just using my shop vac anyway to clean up the drill shavings/dust. Thoughts?

Jim Becker
02-16-2018, 6:07 PM
Outside of the noise, I can see that would be a convenient machine to use at a DP.

Bryan Lisowski
02-16-2018, 7:51 PM
Loud as heck, but they do a good job picking up smaller sized messes. I used to use to vacuum the car and had it around my lathe but never got back from my parents, before they moved.

Tim M Tuttle
02-16-2018, 8:50 PM
Loud as heck, but they do a good job picking up smaller sized messes. I used to use to vacuum the car and had it around my lathe but never got back from my parents, before they moved.

Any louder than a normal sized shop vac?

Eric Stoltzfus
02-16-2018, 9:12 PM
The bucket head vac is actually quiter than my other shopvac. However, it does not have near as much suction. It would probably work just fine for a drill press.

Dave Cav
02-16-2018, 10:20 PM
I've had two of them and they both died after a year or so.

Ted Derryberry
02-17-2018, 3:43 PM
I use one of these https://www.amazon.com/Shop-Vac-Vacuum-Head-Power/dp/B00FVZ91D6 hooked up to a flexible shaft sander. It's a lot more powerful than the orange version, pretty much equivalent to a full size shop vac. Of course it cost more too. It takes the same fittings as the full size vacuums also.

Mike Chalmers
02-17-2018, 6:23 PM
I am a Ridgid fan boy when it comes to vacuums for the shop. I have 4 on the go in my shop. Warranty can't be beat, and they are far more powerful than any other I have tried, including ShopVac. In fact, they blow the branded products out of the water. I am in Canada. My 6.5hp brute dies on me after about 5 years of operation. Contacted Ridgid, sent them some photos, and two weeks later I had a new unit. Old one went to the curb next pick up day. They are a lot quieter than the competitors as well.
Best in class, all classes. Great customer service. Great warranty.