PDA

View Full Version : Hatch option

Lee Childers
02-16-2018, 9:37 AM
Hi, what does the hatch "one by one" function accomplish ? Ive looked thru the EZCAD manual and could find no information on it. Have searched here as well. TY

John Lifer
02-16-2018, 12:11 PM
I don' t know for sure, but the way Ezcad processes multiple loops is one hatch at a time, #1 then #2 Then #3. then repeats. Knowing how the Chinese screw up the English language, if you check that box, I'd bet it would hatch #1 the x number of times you have looped, then go to #2 and do x number of times, then #3....... Try it! and let us know.

Lee Childers
02-16-2018, 1:21 PM
Will do, thanks

Kev Williams
02-16-2018, 1:41 PM
I know! I know! :D

hatch one by one has nothing to do with the engraving, it's much simpler:)

example: you have 10 boxes on screen you want hatched. If you select all 10 at once and hatch, then all 10 boxes are now grouped as one object.

But suppose you want them hatched as separate boxes that you can move or manipulate individually after hatching? Do do that, you need to select and hatch each box separately, which gets time consuming...

OR-- select all 10 at once, and click 'hatch one by one'... and it will hatch all 10 at once, but it doesn't group them-- they remain as separate objects!

That's all it does!

======

Lee Childers
02-16-2018, 1:48 PM
ok, Ty makes perfect sense now...

John Lifer
02-16-2018, 3:32 PM
OK, not only does that make sense, it might be useful.... Thanks Kev. I know you have played with these a lot longer than I....