PDA

View Full Version : Laser upgrade questions

hugh bunker
02-13-2018, 7:45 PM
I have a laser I bought in 2011 it is a re-badged redsail with a Ruida controller. The control panel buttons are working intermittently and I am having to run to the pc to start it every part. It is an old controller. I plan to upgrade the controller and software. I currently use Corel X4 to design on and have to run it through a virtual machine on my Windows 10 machine. Kind of a pain as X4 won't run on Windows 10. I plan to switch to Illustrator for design work as that will allow me to run in Windows 10.
My questions are,
1. What would be a good controller to replace this with?
2. Can all my files saved as X4 be opened in a new version of illustrator without any problems? I would do the discount upgrade of corel but that would leave me on the virtual machine running Windows 7.

Thanks in advance for any help.

John Lifer
02-13-2018, 8:42 PM
X7 and above work fine on win 10 machines. Id probably just upgrade to new ruida controller. 6442xg model I think is the newest std model. But depending on the model, the display/keyboards are available. And the software is usually backwards compatible at least a good ways back. The FB group for rdworks was doing group buy on keyboards.....

hugh bunker
02-13-2018, 9:48 PM
Where would one order a new ruida controller? I just googled and amazon was the only one I found and it is unavailable.

Jerome Stanek
02-14-2018, 7:00 AM
Check out Automation Technologies

John Lifer
02-14-2018, 2:10 PM
Alibaba has numerous suppliers and ebay has a bunch of suppliers. (I'd only buy from US stocking and with near perfect ratings)

Ian Stewart-Koster
02-14-2018, 6:39 PM
Cloudray, on Ebay or Aliexpress have been good to me.

hugh bunker
02-14-2018, 10:56 PM
Will look into those. Thanks all.