PDA

View Full Version : HELP Vintage foot operated Boistitch stapler

Norris Randall
02-12-2018, 3:50 PM
Well I've been down the creek, tried to follow the yellow brick road, BUT looks like I'm still UP the creek.
I have an old foot operated stapler. Bostitch does not recognize the TYPE "EHB" HEAD NO. 11.
The old thing works just fine, but I need more staples. Thought I had found the right
ones, 7/32" crown 1/2" leg 18ga. But when I attempted to load, the space between the legs
is too tight. I think a lighter gauge might work. ???
I would really like to keep using this tool, I helped my step dad make custom shutters with it in the '50s.
Please direct me to any additional source that may have staples for this machine.
I'll attempt to attach a few photos to show more detail.378932378933378934

Lee Schierer
02-12-2018, 6:08 PM
Have you tried contacting Bostitch (http://www.bostitch.com/en-us/products/fasteners/staples/finish-staples)directly?

Norris Randall
02-13-2018, 11:40 AM
Yes Lee, They don't have any record of the machine, just sounded clueless, polite, and not interested in researching.
Gave me phone number of "service center"??? they were no better.

Norris Randall
02-27-2018, 8:55 PM
I have been searching, still no fit. I purchased caliper and took accurate measurement of my last staple. Here's the pic.380049
Anyone have any additional suggestions, help. Thanks for your concern.

John McClanahan
02-27-2018, 11:24 PM
I bought a box of tools at an auction that had an old Swingline flooring stapler in the box. I think it used the same staples. Normal narrow crown staples were a bit too wide. I located staples at either Menards or Home Depot (don't remember now) but decided I didn't need it bad enough to buy the staples. I think they were called 3/16" staples.

John