PDA

View Full Version : Final 4 plus floor boards. Help please

Mike OMelia
02-10-2018, 9:03 PM
As you can see from the photo I have 4+ courses to go. I might be able to cleat one more. I have table saw to rip last one. How do I finish this up?

Nike Nihiser
02-10-2018, 9:10 PM
Finish nailer held at about a 45 degree angle on top of the tongue will do a couple of rows. Then face nail on top the board with the nailer and putty the holes.

Jim Becker
02-10-2018, 9:16 PM
What Nike said, but for that very last course when it's necessary to face nail, do so right at the edge of the wall so that any trim work covers it.

Mike OMelia
02-10-2018, 9:24 PM
Ok, got it. Thanks.

Mike OMelia
02-10-2018, 9:38 PM
Wish me luck. Pics tomorrow. Could not do this stuff without ur advice!

Jim Morgan
02-10-2018, 10:44 PM
Depending on how much clearance you have for the last course, you may also have to trim the lower half of the "groove" (that is, the portion below the groove).

Dave Sabo
02-11-2018, 8:05 PM
First thing to do is remove the baseboard. Which should have already been done.

That will allow you to rip a wider last course and hide the face nails you use to secure it.

Matt Evans
02-11-2018, 10:54 PM
First thing to do is remove the baseboard. Which should have already been done.

That will allow you to rip a wider last course and hide the face nails you use to secure it.

I agree, i probably would have removed the baseboard first, but if you are using shoe molding it'll hide the face nails as well.

I've got a flooring stapler that typically let's me get 2-3 courses away from the wall. Made by Norge. If I recall it gets me as close as 6" from the wall. Not a bad tool to have, and you can take the flooring shoe off to use as a regular stapler. I haven't, since I carry a standard stapler with me anyhow, but for someone who won't use it all that often it's not a bad buy at all.

Jerry Olexa
02-12-2018, 9:03 PM
Yes, as has been said....You can cut off part of groove that doesn't show and the trim covers all the work. it can be done !!!!