PDA

View Full Version : Work comes Hot or Cold

Bobby Hatfield
06-26-2003, 4:34 PM
Panel glueups for a set of doors, looks like a long way to go, to finish that stack. Actually its waiting for cool weather to make a set of solid wood cabinets. The last of the drawers and squared up panels ready to cut to door size, mill and assemble and this job will be finished, since the heat in the shop is in 90's its time to start night shift, when its cooler.

Glenn Clabo
06-26-2003, 6:48 PM
Yo Bobby...
For someone who "almost retired" you are just cranking out the stuff!

Now...I need to know where you got that F16 engine that you use as a fan? I'd be afraid that body parts may be in danger.

Bobby Hatfield
06-26-2003, 8:01 PM
Yo Bobby...
For someone who "almost retired" you are just cranking out the stuff!

Now...I need to know where you got that F16 engine that you use as a fan? I'd be afraid that body parts may be in danger.

If I retire I don't get any new shop tools. Got to make a 3'X7' country table for customer's new lake cabin as soon as I finish that set of paint grade doors. I keep getting these jobs for large panels and doors, thats what I need that 50" drum sander for, really want a 51" wide belt but thats big money.
That fan doesn't cool, only moves the humidity through the shop, its like swimming in a diluted pool. There are two of them in the door hole side by side, only way to move dust, lacquer fumes and the heat that comes through that metal roof.