PDA

View Full Version : Table Saw Project

Bernie Weishapl
11-10-2005, 8:37 PM
I have been working this week also on a table saw roll around cart. In the middle is PVC elbow going out the rear for DC hookup. I don't have the back of it on yet as I am still staining and putting on poly. It works really well. On the back there will be a 29" X 29" outfeed table which will swing up with a piano hinge. It will have supports to hold it in place. I think it will make it a lot easier to saw big stuff by myself. It has some storage spots below for my router and sanders. Anyway there are few things I could have did different but will work for me. I will take more pictures when completed.

Andrew Ault
11-10-2005, 11:14 PM
Bernie. Nice job. I want to add an outfeed able to my saw also.

I like your sled, too.

- Andy

Bernie Weishapl
11-11-2005, 10:00 AM
Thanks Andy. I think it is going to work pretty good. The outfeed table is what will make it easier to work with large wood. Anyway will see how it pans out.

Corey Hallagan
11-11-2005, 12:04 PM
Looking good there Bernie! I like that. I am thinking of a version of that for my Contractors saw so I can get some DC out of it.

Corey
PS, first coat is on, 3 more to go :)

Bernie Weishapl
11-11-2005, 12:31 PM
Good luck Corey. Hope the floor is going well. I am going to finish the cart today and hopefully get my plumbing done for the DC before the filters get here. Anyway have a good weekend.

Scott Parks
11-11-2005, 4:09 PM
Looking good.... You must be getting ready to cut up that stash o' cheap ambrosia maple???

Bernie Weishapl
11-11-2005, 8:08 PM
Scott,

That and a load of ash I just harvested from the farm. I cut down about 8 trees and had them milled into lumber. I also got some walnut logs from a farmer that cut down. Those I will cut myself on the bandsaw. Most of the walnut I got is about 8" to 10" in diameter and 6' long. So yea will be making some sawdust.