PDA

View Full Version : One of SWMBO's hobbys

Joe Tonich
06-26-2003, 1:15 PM
I figured I'd post a pic of what LOML made with the styrofoam cone I turned for her. She needs another size cone for another one that SHE's going to turn! :p I know I'd never have the patience to make one of these.

Joe

Jim DeLaney
06-26-2003, 4:19 PM
Did you know that hobby shops sell those cones for just a couple bucks each? My wife has about six different sizes of them that she's bought at Michael's, Tall Mouse, etc. Considering the mess made in turning one, and the cost of the original foam block, buying a ready-made cone might be a better deal...

Kevin Gerstenecker
06-26-2003, 7:09 PM
That's really cool Joe. How does she do that? Is that Crochet work? Also, this may be a dumb question, but how does it keep it's shape once the form is removed? I'll bet those would sell like hot cakes at the local Craft Show! Very nice work...............but I am not sure I would have the patience for that. ;)

Dan Bussiere
06-27-2003, 9:14 AM
Wow, that is a beautiful piece of work. That sets a high standard for your woodworking! I'm afraid my clumsy fingers would fall off before I could get 1/3 way through something like that.
Dan